WidenersRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Getting the look

I don't like when somebody wanders into the bay we're shooting in and starts picking up brass.....yes its a wide and long bay but

#1 We do a lot of dynamic training and steel shooting and they don't always have glasses on.
    #2.......thats my brass...even if it was there before we got there....mine

So I've taken to collecting brass before we start our range sessions
    My firearms project blog

Boolit Grand Master

I sweep up the brass on indoor ranges for a different reason than most do. Having mobility issues walking on the brass gives me real issues. But then I also sweep up the brass before I leave. Even in my wheelchair brass gives us problems under the wheels.

Boolit Master
    At the range Buckshot and I go to nobody picks up brass except to throw in into the brass bucket, especially 223 brass. Most people will pick up brass and give it to me if I ask about it. I do take rimmed brass but you don't see much of it anymore, except for 30-30 which I have in abundance. Now, when we are leaving the range officer will bring us the master bucket in which he has collected all the brass and ask if we want any of it. Most of the time we say no. You can only store so much. It seems that reloaders are growing fewer in number and the people who shoot the black guns have grown by leaps and bounds.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Master

At my range we have buckets set that have signs on them "FIRED BRASS" it's unbelievable how many jerks toss shot gun shells, steel or aluminum cases in there along with paper trash and then toss real brass in the garbage cans!
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years (Abe Lincoln)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington

Boolit Master
    I swept up a huge mount the last time I was at the range. Most was 9mm, about 25 .45acp, a few .380. 98% was once fired, the only more than once was some of the stuff I brought. The guy and girl next to me had the "look", but they were slobs, even threw their target INTO the range, rather than the garbage can that was right behind them...
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Banned

Yeah, if someone is policing brass when I get there I leave it to them and others do the same for me, and these are free public ranges. It's a **** shoot as far as how much brass we find but it equals out. Since they are free there is no onsite RSO, but everybody we've come across are very cooperative. The biggest problems are so many shotgun hulls all over the ground and most people don't throw their used targets in the dumpster. So my wife and I will take all the trash to the dumpster. All we need is for MO state conservation to get fed up with the trash and close the ranges. We pick up any brass first, do our shooting and then while we're picking up our brass we pick up trash. But the only time of the year I can find large rifle brass is right before deer season. Last year was great, I met a father and son at the range and the son was zeroing his 30-06. Found out they don't reload and scored 50 30-06 cases.

Boolit Master
    Last week a cute little red headed girl came by with a squeegee and piled up a heap of brass for me. She works at the range, and I probably have grandchildren older than she is....I suppose that's a benefit of being older......young people keep an eye out for you!
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Master
    I use to sort the garbage and recyclables for the range I used to belong to. Of course that was just so I could make sure no brass got wasted. Todd/3leg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234