RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
ADvertise hereGraf & SonsStainLess Steel Media

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting the look

Boolit Master
    I've been to a public range where picking up brass that is not yours will get you banned permanently. They pick it up and sell it.
    USMC 6638

Boolit Man
    Ive been known to raid the little hanging tins ,when the RO aint looking.Some have good eyesight though,one handed me a tin full of 45/70 cases,hornady tho.The cases are generally sold in the shop,or some is used to reload the hire 308s.Ive got that much 308,I dont bother,same as 223.As greywolf says ,the days of shooters taking any notice of safety rules are gone.Young guys and girlfriends,move in slow motion,talk for long periods at targets,always last to get back,seem not to hear what they are told.Tolerated because of the money they spend,usually $100 per person +.

someone keeps leaving me brand new starline 10mm on the pistol range, how nice of them. I belong to a private club, I shoot once a week and dues are 60/year (a screaming deal as far as I am concerned) and very few people take their brass. I pick up about 2-3gallons of 223 every time I am there. I also am known to shake the trash cans to see if they jingle.

Boolit Master
    'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    The local CCW class uses the instructors range, and he has to worry about what to do with the empty brass!! No problem, I'll be there every Saturday to help you out, mister! I clean it up for him, he's happy, and get some brass to help my fellow reloaders out!! And, I may be able to mine the berms in the near future!! ( it's a public service thing, lol) I have never been looked at strangely for policing my brass at the range, in fact, most times, the reloaders in my community are there also! We don't squabble about it, if someone needs some brass, all generally pitch in and help them out! Maybe I'm lucky. Good bunch of guys here.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12