StainLess Steel MediaRotoMetals2Inline FabricationGraf & Sons
ADvertise hereTitan ReloadingLee Precision

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger Super Redhawk 10mm

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    A 10mm in a GP100 likely would have been a 5 shot. However I think more people would buy it in that configuration. A GP100 10mm 5 Shot with a 4" barrel would be a nice shooter.
    OR....a GP100 in 41 spl or mag, 5 shot of course, with fiber optic sights please.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Redhawk Groups 001.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	207846Click image for larger version. 

Name:	102_1279.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	207841
    Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    For me it would be fun, but not practical. Plenty of higher HP cartridges out there in The SRH platform. I have a SRH and still find the thing ugly. Like beat with the ugly stick, fell out the tree and hit every branch down into a pile of ugly, ugly. But I still love it the same.
    Doc, if you think they are ugly now, Have one DuraCoted. Butt ugly but man will it shoot.
    Last edited by murf205; 11-16-2017 at 10:29 PM.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it

Boolit Master
    More gun than needed for the 10. I'd consider a 10 in the GP, but not the SRH

Boolit Master
    Dave Clements does the GP100 in 10 mm and 41 Special, both 6 shot ! The super Redhawks is just too big for me, glad they're doing some interesting revolvers!
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rking22 View Post
    Dave Clements does the GP100 in 10 mm and 41 Special, both 6 shot ! The super Redhawks is just too big for me, glad they're doing some interesting revolvers!
    I can't speak to the 41 Special as it may be fine but Clements warns to limit shooing full power 10mm loads in the GP100 conversion. The cylinder is just too thin at 6 shot for steady use of actual 10mm loads.

Quote Originally Posted by Three-Fifty-Seven View Post
    I agree that the SRH is ugly, except for the Alaskan ... which is unbalanced ...

Now why couldn't they re-work a GP100 Match Champion into a five shot 10 mm ... if they could only figure out how to install sights again ...

While I'm not eager to play with moon clips ... why not just go ahead and make it a 41 Special! Since we're dreaming ...
    I'm thinking that the way to go is a straight up .41mag. Why bother with the moon clips when you could run .41mag?
    And while we are at it, why bother with 41mag. when the SRH is a 44mag ready gun??

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by kens View Post
    I'm thinking that the way to go is a straight up .41mag. Why bother with the moon clips when you could run .41mag?
    And while we are at it, why bother with 41mag. when the SRH is a 44mag ready gun??
    The point is the SRH is too big/heavy for the smaller 41 Special/Magnum ...

The 41 Special will fit lengthwise in a GP based gun better ... the .41 offers a "starts with a 4" and heavier boolit than the 357, albeit at a slightly less speed ... if push come to shove ... I think if I was walking around in black bear country ... I'd rather have a 41 Special than a 357 Magnum (did I say that?) A GP is a bit lighter weight than even the 44 Mag SRH Alaskan I had ...

Or ... the Standard Redhawk with a 7 shot cylinder for the .41's ... ???

But ... why bother with the puny old fashioned 44 mag ... when there are so many other more powerful options???
    Shawn

John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12