by Frankford Arsenal
    $28.79$28.79Prime

more sensitive and less portable
    American Weigh Scales GEMINI-20 Portable MilliGram Scale, 20 by 0.001 G
    by American Weigh
    $23.49Prime

I've had both for several years

these and my 505 have been sufficient me
    THAT Gemini 20 is the ONLY digital scale that needs to be talked about. And talked about as in- who else sells it because it is out of stock at that link...

I have had mine since 2011 and I think I have changed the batteries twice. It is a VERY nice scale for that price and the fact that I can see that my load is 23.98gr or 23.90gr makes a difference to me.

My 5-0-5 sits in the background jealous as a second string linebacker...

Quote Originally Posted by Stilly View Post
    THAT Gemini 20 is the ONLY digital scale that needs to be talked about. And talked about as in- who else sells it because it is out of stock at that link...

I have had mine since 2011 and I think I have changed the batteries twice. It is a VERY nice scale for that price and the fact that I can see that my load is 23.98gr or 23.90gr makes a difference to me.

My 5-0-5 sits in the background jealous as a second string linebacker...
    The ONLY digital scale worth getting that is better is this one...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PICT7764.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	208352

Name:	PICT7766.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	208353

Boolit Master

country gent brings a good point which is "what you weighing?" Match 45-70's pills will up to 600 grains. 30-06 brass 135 to 180 grain range. I bought an RCBS in the '90's to do these jobs. I DO NOT shoot red line pressure loads in anything save 222 Rem. I do all my powder work ( setting throwers-checking) on a RCBS beam scale. Electronics will drift as they warm up-cool down-==>PITA check often until you get a feel for it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stilly View Post
    The ONLY digital scale worth getting that is better is this one...

Name:	PICT7764.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	208352

Name:	PICT7766.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	208353
    I have the AWS scale and have had to have it replaced twice ( completely went dead ) and the customer service was good but it took 2 to 3 months to get the replacement.

My scale drifts a lot and constantly has to be re zeroed, so I rely on my RCBS 505 scale for small powder charges and use the AWS for brass and bullets.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    I think our President has been working along those lines...America needs to get back to where she doesn't need anyone else in the world for anything...Personally, I think it's a sin to deliberately waste resources building junk products...much less buy them from Communist Countries!

"OoooH Boooy! I better get another cup of Joe and settle down a bit...it's too early go go on a rant! . . . . . . If I wake the wife...well, I ain't gonna make that mistake again!
    I'm with you on this! I've never understood why we want to make our enemies rich! So much for politics. Murf, tell your friend to go all in and buy an RCBS Chargemaster.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    I'm with you on this! I've never understood why we want to make our enemies rich! So much for politics. Murf, tell your friend to go all in and buy an RCBS Chargemaster.
    I'm confused. You say don't make our enemies rich. But then suggest buying a Chargemaster which is made in China. There is only one option for US made scales and that's PACT. But they will tell you that some parts are only made in China.

Quote Originally Posted by lightman View Post
    Is the Chargemaster faster than the 1st gen auto charger? Mine is so slow that I don't use the power measure any more. I just throw a charge a gr lighter than I want, then trickle the final amount. The first gen (Powder Master) unit is very accurate though.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master

I have a 20 yr. old Dillon that I weigh boolits and cases on and an Ohous 5 O 5 that I weigh powder on.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I'm confused. You say don't make our enemies rich. But then suggest buying a Chargemaster which is made in China. There is only one option for US made scales and that's PACT. But they will tell you that some parts are only made in China.
    You have a good point, I really meant manufactures who outsource all of their stuff to China. Its really hard to buy anything not made in China.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by murf205 View Post
    Is the Chargemaster faster than the 1st gen auto charger? Mine is so slow that I don't use the power measure any more. I just throw a charge a gr lighter than I want, then trickle the final amount. The first gen (Powder Master) unit is very accurate though.
    Murf, I don't know if its faster but it will dump a 308 size powder charge faster than I can put the case in the press, seat the bullet and remove the case from the press. I mean its faster than I am. And mine very seldom drifts.

That's a lot faster than my old Powder Master. When you hit the dispense button on mine, you have time to make a sandwich,LOL. I was using an old Lyman 55 measure and bought an RCBS measure with both rotors, and life got a lot easier. When you get the "feel" of the powder measure and duplicate it every time, the RCBS throws amazingly close charges. I check pistol charges every 10 rounds and if it is off by more than 2/10, I dump them and fill the hopper back to where it started from. I don't use very much fast burning powders and I don't load max loads, so 2/10 is my cutoff. The accuracy of the Chargemaster is a distinct plus. My friend loves easy, so I will pass along what you said about the Chargemaster. Thanks
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Those Power Powder measures are way above my pay grade. Will stick with my beam scale.

I bought a $7 jewelry scale off ebay.

Its dead on or 1/10 off of my lee safety scale.

$7....
    Lake Havasu City... Born and raised

Vendor Sponsor

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Denver-Inst...EAAOSwsN9XBrBc

Last scale you will need. Most people won't spend the money.
    If you are loading a lot of weighed charges for match shooting, weekly/monthly, it is a must.
    It is a joy to use.
    Chill Wills

Minnesota, the state where absolutely nothing is allowed
    I have two PACT scales, one is 20+ yrs old(pre IR) I use to sort boolits and cases. The other one is much newer and part of the auto dispenser system. I do check every tenth charge on a balance scale, I haven't had any significant drift. For max loads or serious long range stuff I'll dispense slightly light and trickle up on a balance scale.
    Some of the previous posts there were complaints about the speed of first gen. RCBS Chargemasters, there was a parameter update. I think it can be found on the PACT web site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123