RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky

Thread: Thanks, Dillon, for just being Dillon!

Boolit Grand Master

Thanks, Dillon, for just being Dillon!

I have two 550B Dillon Presses. I have had a Dillon since the 450 press days. My large Dillon vibratory tumbler Media Separator Tub (probably twenty years old), split on both sides. I have no idea what causedit. I guess it could simply be “old age”. It was never stored outside, never dropped or abused but just finally failed.

I called Dillon a few days ago, and they told me they were shipping a new tub to me. It has been less than a week and it arrived in the mail today! NO CHARGE! Not even shipping!

Now THAT’s what I call “No BS” warranty!!!

THANKS, DILLON, FOR JUST BEING DILLON!

Dale53

Boolit Master
    Dude, I got mad and smashed mine with a wrench. Called and told them the whole truth explaining I just wanted to purchase the clamshells. Several days later same story, new pieces at no charge. Absolutely the best!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Yeah, their warranty truly is no"BS"! I also like the way they have that if something fails repeatably that they redesign it.

Reddirt62, there has to be a good story there! But yeah, those latches can be a pain to open.

Boolit Master

Much the same story here. Last month, after something over 200K .45 ACPs the delrin bearing on the primer slide of my late-1980s SDB wore out. Called Dillon, gave the customer service guy the part number I needed and asked if he could send a new return spring along with it. Three days later package showed up on my front porch: instead of new slide...or ever a new slide assembly...I received a complete, drop-in SBD priming system, including a set of extra guide tips for the primer magazine tube and fill tubes. Oh yeah, and in a separate plastic baggie, was the replacement primer slide return spring I'd requested. Guess someone thought I might need a spare for the new spring that came installed in the replacement primer set-up.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

Boolit Master

Yep, Dillon is pretty amazing . . .
    especially when you see Dillon brand new parts on evilbay being sold. I surmise that someone is taking advantage of the no BS warranty and then turning around and making a profit off of them

Now that is just a guess on my part and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn so please correct me if I'm wrong.
    NRA Life
    USPSA L1314
    SASS Life 48747
    RVN/Cambodia War Games, 2nd Place

Boolit Master
    Believe it or not, I just broke the handle on my SDB on Tuesday, right down where it connects to the lower left link. 100k 9mm in 4 years. I thought I would surely have to send the press in. Went to Grafs in St. Charles and bought a 550C as I had been wanting an upgrade for awhile but couldn't justify it but also didn't want to be without a press. Called Dillon the next day to see what had to be done. They sent out the parts with complete instructions as to how to replace them, tracking says they'll be here tmro. He laughed after I told him I went and bought a 550. Said I'd love the 550, but I could return it during the 30 day trial after I fixed my SDB. Nah, that was never the plan, and I LOVE the 550.

Boolit Master

I bought an RL550B in the late 80's and when I went into the Coast Guard stored it in my parents garage. Several years later when I went to retrieve it every steel part on the thing was rusty, the center ram was seized and the powder dispenser broken. Called Dillon and they said to kroil the center ram, take the rusty handle off and throw it away, then send it in - if the ram was not too rusty they would rebuild it. Several weeks later got back an essentially new press - the only thing original was the frame - everything else was brand new. Cost to me was $86 if I recall.
    Dillon has me as a customer for life...