RepackboxLee PrecisionWidenersLoad Data
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee .357 Bulits

Boolit Man

Lee .357 Bulits

I just bought my first .357. It is an EAA Windicator nickel with a 4" barrel. I am looking at Lee 6 cavity molds as I have has good success casting .45 caliber bullets. So which mold do those of you favor if you are using Lee molds? Like I said, this is my first .357 and I need a little help.
    Thanks Much!

Boolit Buddy
    I prefer the 158 grain TL SWC.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by CIC View Post
    +1 here for plinking and medium velocity 357 loads. For full bore magnum loads the Lee C358-158-SWC would be my choice if I didn't already have the Lyman 358156.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Grand Master

I have 3 Lee molds I use for my 357. One is a 125 gr. RNFP which I can size for my 9mms, 38 Specials, and 357 Magnum. I also have a 158 gr. SWC (without gas check, but I don't see that on the Lee site) and a 158 gr. SWC T/L. All work well as long as they are sized for the gun they will be used in...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master
    I have several of the Lee 357 molds. The one I use the most is the 125 gr RF which drops boolits at about 133 gr plus/minus 1 gr. I load that 125 boolit for light loads in my 38 sp. and in my 357 mag. load it for target at about 38+P velocity. The 150 gr RN (drops at 155) is very accurate in my 357 maximum carbine. I hardly use my 158 molds anymore in favor of the 173 Keith boolit from a Lyman mold. The 125 RF also shoots exceedingly well out to 150 yards in my 9mm Luger T/C carbine which is my "walking around rifle" for coyotes when walking the logging roads in the local tree farms. As you can see, I find that 125 to be very versatile and the fact that it drops heavy is fine by me.
    Last edited by quilbilly; 11-13-2017 at 05:06 PM.

Boolit Master
    I got the Lee 158 gr. rf. I'm happy with it.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Banned
    For plinking, I like 38 spcl brass with .358-148-WC LEE-6 over some HS-6

Boolit Master
    Load a 125 grain cowboy action bullet with 4 grains of Trail Boss for 38!Special for my wife to shoot in her 357 revolver. My wife likes to shoot and can keep me busy reloading for her.
    I have the two cavity mold and cast with an automated Master Caster, usually casting 2000 bullets at a time. The cast bullets are powder coated and a home made gas check is installed on the plain base cast bullets. Shooting should be a fun thing to do and low recoil is a big plus in having fun.

Boolit Buddy
    I have the 125gr RF in a 6-cavity mold. I shoot this bullet in my 9mm and .357. I size to .358 for my .357. Really a nice mold dropping consistant bullets. /Chris

I love the 358-158-rf as a do-all bullet. I've tried the C358-158-swc in several 357's with disappointing results when compared to the 358156.

Boolit Master
    The Lee 358-150-1R is also a nice one. I don't use the 158 grain TL SWC because I already have the old Ideal/Lyman 358156GC-- which is a great 38 Special and 357 Magnum bullet.
    Hick: Iron sights!

What is your intended application?

Boolit Bub
    Like others here, I too use the Lee 358-125-RF. It has proven to be very accurate in .38 Specials in my GP100. I also have the 148 wadcutter, the discontinued 150 SWC, the 358-158RF and the 158 SWC gas check molds but the 125RF is now my do it all projectile as I use it in .38 Special, .357 Magnum and 9mm all with great success.

Boolit Buddy
    Im surprised noone mentioned the lee 105 swc mold its a nice plinker and its easy on the lead supply .

Boolit Master

I recommend the 358125RF and the 358158RF, 6 cavity is the way to go. Good bullets.
    God Bless America
    US Army, NRA Patron, TSRA Life
    SASS, Ruger & Marlin accumulator

Boolit Master
    Another vote for the Lee 358-158-RF. As already mentioned, 9MM boolits are excellent choices for both 38 Spl and .357 plinkers. Lee's 356-125-2R is a real winner for 38/357.

Boolit Master

358-158-rf for me too!
    I powder coat mine and like the bevel base
    WebMonkey
    Retired 19D
    Psalm 91:9
    Honda 919

Boolit Man
    THANKS for all the help. For now I decided to go with the 358-158-RF. I may buy a lighter bullet mold in the future. I plan on taking this gun and load up to Alaska Fishing. This year I caught a 300 pound halibut and it was just by pure luck that another boat from our camp wasgoing by just as I got it to the surface. They pulled up and we harpooned it then they shot it for me. This coming year I will be prepared.

Plus 1 from me too.
    Powder coat if you want to push it a bit. Sized post PC it has proved to be a most accurate .38/.357 bullet. Better than store bought.
    The flat nose allows it to be used in lever action if you should someday be so inclined. Speed loads faster than full WC punches paper better than RN.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Master
    I see ya already made up your mind... But...

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gibson View Post
    +1 here for plinking and medium velocity 357 loads. For full bore magnum loads the Lee C358-158-SWC would be my choice if I didn't already have the Lyman 358156.
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerDat View Post
    Plus 1 from me too.
    Powder coat if you want to push it a bit. Sized post PC it has proved to be a most accurate .38/.357 bullet. Better than store bought.
    The flat nose allows it to be used in lever action if you should someday be so inclined. Speed loads faster than full WC punches paper better than RN.

+4 Ditto on the TL 358-158 SWC

And another vote for the 148 Gr TL WC

G'Luck!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast