RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRepackboxWideners
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit."

—Matthew 28:19

As Christians, we need to not only seek to win people to Jesus Christ, but we need to seek to get them up on their feet spiritually so they can move on in their relationship with Him. It is called making disciples.

Jesus said, “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age” (Matthew 28:19–20).

Somewhere along the line, we have separated evangelism from discipleship. But God wants us to not only lead people to Christ but also help them get on their feet spiritually.

I am so thankful that God brought a person like this to me. Shortly after my commitment to Christ, I didn’t know a lot of Christians. I wasn’t acclimating very well. I was in that awkward stage where I didn’t feel totally comfortable with Christians, but I didn’t want to hang out with my old friends.

Then one day a guy named Mark came up to me and introduced himself. He brought me to church and introduced me to other Christians. He told me what to read and what it meant. I had so many questions, and he patiently explained things to me. He helped me make that transition. Thank God for him.

You can be that person for a new believer. Maybe God hasn’t called you to be a preacher or to lead worship, but you can be a friend to someone who has recently made a commitment to Christ. You can hang out with them. You can show them what a real Christian is like in the real world.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Master
    Amen amen amen!

Some of us who have grown up" churched" in Christian homes, with Christian friends and extended family, take the christian life style for granted. When I was growing up I thought every family was just like mine, but boy was I wrong! We've talked about the parable of the sower, about the different ground, but we never stop and think what a difference a gardener may make in a weedy plot! In my estimation this is a major area the church had slipped on, evangelized, but no disciples grown. I accept the challenge, and thank you for the reminder.

Boolit Master

Amen for a great lesson and I agree 100% Thundarstick.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Valuable lesson ! The great commission includes 'us' .
    No turning back , No turning back !