Load DataRotoMetals2Inline FabricationReloading Everything
RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingWideners
Snyders Jerky MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pressure test device for new loads

Boolit Grand Master

Single shot shotguns are the best bet. Other action types often prevent the gauge being placed over the chamber in the correct place.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    don that tire idea is sort of what I had in mind but probably more along the lines of a range vise, I do not plan on deliberately blowing up a gun but rather ladder up to a load that is safe and can be proven to be safe several times.

please keep the ideas coming.
    My buddy used a tire when testing an old Springfield. We were poor and that was all he had. It would be a pain to have to strap a gun onto a tire every time when using a single shot break open. A range vice would be easier but it needs to be set up to handle the recoil. Another option is to get a bolt action shotgun for the testing. Whatever holds the gun should be able to move during recoil or bad things may happen.

I hear you about not trying to blow up the gun and that was not my intent. It is necessary to find a way to hold the gun and activate the trigger remotely.

My buddy told me he stood behind a 20" oak tree. That should stop any parts. LOL. Hard to believe that was over 40 years ago.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master

found an old wards texas ranger model 20 that is just what I needed, beefy barrel, break open single shot, barrel is in good shape but stock is beat up and missing the firing pin. locks up tight and supposedly a h&r firing pin is supposed to fit or so I was told, anybody know were to get a firing pin or somebody that can make one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12