RotoMetals2Load DataSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Mystery primers

Boolit Master

Mystery primers

Anybody recognize these primers? I picked up 4 250-piece sleeves (1000 primers) for a total of $8 today. I thought they were RWS until I got home and compared them to RWS primers in my stash. Dimensionally they equal LR primers. They also appear to be of recent manufacture. The Type Number printed on the sleeves aren't close to the type numbers of RWS primers or any other manufacturers primers as evidenced by an hour long search on the internet

There are no manufacturer's names on the sleeves- just plain cardboard with the following printed on them:

AmboBzundhutchen (German for "primer")
    Boxer primers
    5.34mm (.210")
    Type 1207

I absolutely will eventually use them but it would be nice to know beforehand if they are LR or LP primers, standard or magnum. It would also be kind of nice to know who made them.

Banned

Ask me and thou shall receive LOL Go to this link and near the bottom you will see a description of those primers. They are large pistol.

http://www.bordingl.com/index.php?op...enti&Itemid=54

Boolit Master
    Get out the micrometer. Large pistol and large rifle primers are the same diameter of course, but they have different heights. My CCI and Federal LP primers mike 0.119 while my LR primer mikes 0.123". That's why you don't use LR primers in pistol cases -- you may end up with high primers. Lots of us cast boolet shooters, however, do sometimes use LP primers in medium-sized rifle cases such as 30/30.

As to magnum vs. standard -- guess standard and you'll be right 90% of the time.

Hah! Looks like while I was typing, vzerone nailed the identification.

Boolit Master
    Thanks, fellas!

Boolit Master

I got some of those years ago but I don't remember where or how much they were.
    Large pistol that I used in .45 ACP. The only thing I remember, that they were hard to seat
    but they worked fine. They were boxed kind of weird, having 250 to the box. Price seemed
    to be right....wish I could find more at that price today.
    Denny

Boolit Master
    they are boxed like the hertenberger primers during the primer scare in the 90's.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bob208 View Post
    they are boxed like the hertenberger primers during the primer scare in the 90's.
    I believe that link I put up said that is what they are.

Boolit Master

Talk about the primer scare I found several thousand that I had stashed in an ammo can and forgot about.I won't live long enough to use all of them but should not have to buy any for the rest of my living days
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by w5pv View Post
    Talk about the primer scare I found several thousand that I had stashed in an ammo can and forgot about.I won't live long enough to use all of them but should not have to buy any for the rest of my living days
    Maybe your post wouldn't be true if you stepped up your reloading and shooting!!!

Heck of a deal!