Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionRepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: part # for a benjamin 392

part # for a benjamin 392

Would anyone that owns a Benjamin 392 happen to know the part no. for the screw that screws into the bolt and acts as the bolt lug, or what size it is to get at a hardware store?

There are parts diagrams online, but i can't get the files to open on them from my computer...something about i don't have the right support on my computer anymore...time to upgrade this old thing i guess lol.

If not, i'll tear the rifle down again one day next week and take the screw with me to a parts store and just look till i find one.
    The way i understand it, you have to have a parts no. to order from crosman.

I don't know if they put mine in a bit too short from the factory or what, but after about 3000 shots, it locked up on me when i pulled the bolt back the other day.
    I took it apart and had to shove the hammer out from under the bolt with a screwdriver, then took the side plate off and could see the lug(screw head) was rounded off at an angle on the hammer contact side.
    I backed it out 1/2 turn to a high side and have it working for now, but don't know how long it'll stay like that....looks like they may have used a screw that wasn't hardened?

Thanks for any help if anyone knows the parts no.

Boolit Master
    To order parts from Crossman you have to speak to a person on the phone. When I ordered some parts they were very helpful and found the part I needed though it was supposed to be no longer available when I explained that the same part , a Quad Seal, was still in use with the Vigilante revolvers.

To find the thread size you might look over sites that sell custom parts. If they have a custom bolt handle the specs probably show the thread sizes.
    Don't know about the 392 but theres quite a aftermarket for the Crosman pistol bolts and custom handles for these.

Boolit Master
    Contact Mac1 air rifle . He used to hot rod the 392/397 he could help you.
    I have not had much luck finding any useful screw at a hardware store for guns or pellet guns.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 35 shooter View Post
    Would anyone that owns a Benjamin 392 happen to know the part no. for the screw that screws into the bolt and acts as the bolt lug, or what size it is to get at a hardware store?

There are parts diagrams online, but i can't get the files to open on them from my computer...something about i don't have the right support on my computer anymore...time to upgrade this old thing i guess lol.

If not, i'll tear the rifle down again one day next week and take the screw with me to a parts store and just look till i find one.
    The way i understand it, you have to have a parts no. to order from crosman.

I don't know if they put mine in a bit too short from the factory or what, but after about 3000 shots, it locked up on me when i pulled the bolt back the other day.
    I took it apart and had to shove the hammer out from under the bolt with a screwdriver, then took the side plate off and could see the lug(screw head) was rounded off at an angle on the hammer contact side.
    I backed it out 1/2 turn to a high side and have it working for now, but don't know how long it'll stay like that....looks like they may have used a screw that wasn't hardened?

Thanks for any help if anyone knows the parts no.
    Found my diagram 397-044 bolt lug #7 on diagram...note diagram is from 80s vintage.

Thank you very much....that verifies the part no. I found in a post on the crosman sight last night.

I still wasn't sure because of the 397 part of the no. Lol, I thought it must for a 397.

I saw your post this morning with the same part no. So I called crosman and that's it for sure....thanks so much again!
    They also verified that you have to have part no. to order, so I got them to mail me a diagram for the 392.

I'm still not sure what caused the problem, so I'm going to order a few extras just in case it happens again.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 35 shooter View Post
    Thank you very much....that verifies the part no. I found in a post on the crosman sight last night.

I still wasn't sure because of the 397 part of the no. Lol, I thought it must for a 397.

I saw your post this morning with the same part no. So I called crosman and that's it for sure....thanks so much again!
    They also verified that you have to have part no. to order, so I got them to mail me a diagram for the 392.

I'm still not sure what caused the problem, so I'm going to order a few extras just in case it happens again.
    Order up a few reseal kits and frankly any part they still have. Pump arm pins , seals, and such. Crosman and daisy have some stiff shipping charges so make your order worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by mac1911 View Post
    Order up a few reseal kits and frankly any part they still have. Pump arm pins , seals, and such. Crosman and daisy have some stiff shipping charges so make your order worth it.
    I think that is very sound advice. I need to do the same thing for my 1377.

I understand Crosman charge $4 postage per parts order, regardless of the number or size of the parts.... Here is an Index to all the Owners Manuals and Parts Diagrams.... unfortunately organized by Model number, sometimes good (like for a 392), sometimes bad.... Example, do you know what the Model number is for a Discovery?....

https://support.crosman.com/hc/en-us...Parts-Diagrams

Still, it is a fabulous resource, even for many models that are discontinued....

Bob

Thanks for the links on the parts diagrams, but my computer is on the blink.
    I had tried to get on those the other night on the crosman site, but it just says i'm not supported....guess my computer is getting outdated?

I've run into that sort of thing a lot lately, guess it's time to find someone to take a look at it for me and see what i need to do to update this thing.
    Hopefully those links will work for others though, and me too, once i get this computer running right again....my e-mail even went down and can't seem to get it back up GGGRRRRR!

Boolit Master
    Probably just the browser you are using. Try the freeware Slimbrowser or better yet Slimjet.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rsterne View Post
    I understand Crosman charge $4 postage per parts order, regardless of the number or size of the parts.... Here is an Index to all the Owners Manuals and Parts Diagrams.... unfortunately organized by Model number, sometimes good (like for a 392), sometimes bad.... Example, do you know what the Model number is for a Discovery?....

https://support.crosman.com/hc/en-us...Parts-Diagrams

Still, it is a fabulous resource, even for many models that are discontinued....

Bob
    $4 is not bad at all. They must have changed something. Last order was 2014 and was charged 11.50 shipping/handling. All small parts with a $45 tag

Wound up ordering 4 of them and the shipping was $4.00. I ordered the extras because i'd rather have them on hand than need them and have to wailt on an order again.
    Besides, the same part fits the 397 also, and i have it in the back of my mind to pick up one of those sometime in the future just because.....well, just because.