WidenersLoad DataRepackboxRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite presses

Boolit Man

Favorite presses

I have been looking for a Bair or Pacific D press. What I like is the fact that the whole opening is facing forward with no press sides in the way. I missed one on ebay awhile back. These in the Bair mofel sold for a higher price thsn the Bonanza coax, which was 68.00, Bair was 86.00 or so.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20171109_155945_resized.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	207532

Boolit Master
    I would say Good Luck in finding One. Or Good Luck finding One Cheap on Ebay. Plan On Bidding High to win.
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Man
    The last one on ebay sold for 199.50 on 8-30-17

Boolit Master
    The front opening is good for visibility but is not good for hands to access. Have a RCCBS A4BIg Max with a much larger opening and it is not as accessible to your hands as a Rock Chucker. or an A2.
    EDG

My Ultramags have good access. I'm impressed every time I use them.

I think my next press will be the RCBS Jr. I hope to copy the bullet sizing setup one of the other members did with the upside down mounting. The Jr. is the only press I have seen with the 90 degree handle mount option.
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

I like my rock chucker. It's good enough for me. Always wanted one of those Bairs but the price they command is what keeps me from getting one. I have an old herters 234 turret press that is so overbuilt, I don't think you can wear it out. More room for hands with a turret 1" or more thick. Even have the primer feed that fits on the die to prime on the press. Don't currently have it set up but trying to figure out where to put it on the bench. It's big.

Boolit Grand Master

The access is one reason I like my Bonanza Co Ax. It gives a lot of room for inserting removing cases along with some other nice features. Give them a look see.

I agree with EDG, open front is good for the eyes but hands tend to come in from the sides so they are not blocking our view of what we are trying to get them to do.

The link arms from the co-ax being a good example as folks have made U and C shaped replacements to help give better access.

If you want both view and access, look at the new Hornady iron press, Mec marksman or any number of the C presses than have the support(s) behind the shell holder vs beside them.

Boolit Master
    I'm with EDG, with a big max, big opening good visibility but awkward for big hands.

Boolit Mold
    Redding T-7

IMO the best combination of strength, speed and precision, and no press sides in the way.

Just my .02,
    LeonCarr

Boolit Master
    Lyman AA. Mine is about 50 years old and still works like new. Wide open for big hands with nothing in the way.

Boolit Buddy
    Near that little town in Eygpt or SW Wyoming, whichever
    I have been looking at the new MEC press. Haven't seen one in person, just the vids. Down side is there is no primer system but I don't prime at the press. Like I said, I have been looking. Probably will end there as the Chucker I have been using for 40 years will probably last another 140 years.

Black is not a good color for the MEC press. I think it is he!! bent for stout but black just seems impractical to me.
    ,,, stupidity comes to some people very easily. 8/22/2017 Pat Lengyel (my wife) in a discussion about Liberals.

A second vote for Redding T-7

Boolit Man
    Redding T7 are very nice. Thanks to all for thd comments. I love my rockchucker. It's old but in good condition. I have 2 Bonanza coax presses. And a Dillon 550. Redding t7 is something I have been looking at.

Boolit Master

Favorite presses

Quote Originally Posted by flashhole View Post
    Black is not a good color for the MEC press. I think it is he!! bent for stout but black just seems impractical to me.
    Black is BEAUTIFUL!

TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Boolit Man
    Hey Lubedude, how does tbe Texan compare to the Hollywood turret press?

In Remembrance
    All the while reading this thread, I was thinking if you want access, the Hollywood is king. Then I get to the end and lubedude has spoken. lol

I'm not a fan of Hollywood gear. I think there are much better designs available. That being said, I can understand the attraction to a big chunk of iron. Sort of like the Tool Time guy. Uooohhh Uooohhh, more iron, more iron.

Boolit Master
    I love my Hollywood senior for access. My co-ax is stout but just seems awkward. That said, my rockchucker is easy access and stout.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast