Load DataInline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading Everything
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWideners
Repackbox

Thread: 105 gr lee .358 boolits swc

105 gr lee .358 boolits swc

Can not seem to find loading data on allience be-86

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JReaper9178; 10-27-2017 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Thought I was finished

Alliant Bullseye?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B2E0F649-FBA2-4F1E-9BF2-1CF3CAFA0052.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	206766
    I think this is what the OP is referencing.

Quote Originally Posted by CIC View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B2E0F649-FBA2-4F1E-9BF2-1CF3CAFA0052.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	206766
    I think this is what the OP is referencing.
    yes that is it

Alliant's site shows 5.7 grs for a 110gr jhp around 1000 fps. That recipe will work with the 105 Lee.
    That's a good bullet and I run it at that speed with Bullseye.

I noticed we didn't mention cartridge. I'm talking about .38 special.

Ok I wasn't sure if the five grains would matter on the lee bullet being it is swc compared to jhp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

No, it won't matter. Loads for the heavier bullet will push the light bullet about the same speed at less pressure. IME.

Boolit Master
    It really helps if ya add as many details as ya can for folks to know what you are trying to do. Posting the firearm you are using , maker, caliber, barrel length, powder type, bullet/boolit grains, and even the mold if you are casting the boolits.

The more info the more accurate the info in the replies.

Here is a link to the Alliant Reloaders guide. You can read it online, download it for later, or do also, like I did & have them send you a copy.

http://www.alliantpowder.com/resources/catalog.aspx

Here is the one online:
    http://www.alliantpowder.com/resources/catalog/2017/#

G'Luck!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Yeah, details details details

This bullet works very well in wheel guns but can give problems in some bolt actions, especially if you're loading .38 spl for a .357 mag bolt gun.
    My firearms project blog

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    It really helps if ya add as many details as ya can for folks to know what you are trying to do. Posting the firearm you are using , maker, caliber, barrel length, powder type, bullet/boolit grains, and even the mold if you are casting the boolits.

The more info the more accurate the info in the replies.

Here is a link to the Alliant Reloaders guide. You can read it online, download it for later, or do also, like I did & have them send you a copy.

http://www.alliantpowder.com/resources/catalog.aspx

Here is the one online:
    http://www.alliantpowder.com/resources/catalog/2017/#

G'Luck!
    Yes, but you can run this boolits in 9mm, 357 mag,38 sp , so I was trying to find out if any one worked out a load that was the goldilocks load that was just right, instead of being to hot, or to cold, I'm fairly new to reloading shells and allient shows max loads for there products on that pdf, instead of showing min loads and max loads.

Boolit Master
    You can try looking thru these for the loads that you seek:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...online-sources

Might I suggest that you buy a reloading manual, if you have not already.

& like I said, along with others. Provide more details & you might find more answers.

P.S. - when you see only Max loads listed, and you will see that in the manufacturers load data sometimes. You can usually take the Max load & reduce it by 10% & then you will be below Max & likely in a good place to work around +/- without concern. For example, if 3.0 Gr. of BE-86 is listed as the max. for your projectile, then you can subtract 10%, or .3gr from the 3.0 & work with 2.7gr of BE-86 without concern for exceeding max. That is about as simple as I am going to try to explain right now. This site is full of info, read as much as ya can & you will gain the knowledge as ya go. G'Luck!
    Last edited by JBinMN; 10-30-2017 at 06:28 AM.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Thank you

You can try looking thru these for the loads that you seek:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...online-sources

Might I suggest that you buy a reloading manual, if you have not already.

& like I said, along with others. Provide more details & you might find more answers.

P.S. - when you see only Max loads listed, and you will see that in the manufacturers load data sometimes. You can usually take the Max load & reduce it by 10% & then you will be below Max & likely in a good place to work around +/- without concern. For example, if 3.0 Gr. of BE-86 is listed as the max. for your projectile, then you can subtract 10%, or .3gr from the 3.0 & work with 2.7gr of BE-86 without concern for exceeding max. That is about as simple as I am going to try to explain right now. This site is full of info, read as much as ya can & you will gain the knowledge as ya go. G'Luck!
    Thank you , for the good information

Boolit Master
    Sure! I think most everyone here will help out most of the time if they can.

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

Boolit Buddy
    I load this bullet sized to .356 with 4.7gr BE, for my son's 9mm Ruger. I use 45-45-10 tumble lube on the 105 bullet. Same bullet for my two 380's using 3.0gr BE.

Chris

Boolit Master
    JR9178 welcome to the CB forum. Lots of good folks here and many decades of knowledge.
    Safty is of the most importance. JBin MN give you really good advice and I'll add to it that you need to READ,READ,READ and WORK UP YOUR OWN LOADS !!
    The "MOST BESTIET LOAD" ( sarcastism) in my,his,joes,bubbas firearm will NOT be the best for your firearm till you work up to that a see what YOUR firearm likes.
    A starting load should be a safe load below max. DOUBLE CHECK all data before you load up a bunch. These are YOUR firearms and YOUR EYES andFINGERS that you need to protect.
    To much crimp, less OAL, etc.. can raise pressures to a devestating level that only YOU can control.
    Find some good reloading manuals, 2 at least and recheck all data before you do your loading.
    ASK ALL the questions you want and everyone here will offer help fer sure. There are no stupid questions except the one you didn't ask.

I'm not being harsh. Not scaring you, just passing along the good words that got me this far without having any real mishaps. Please be safe always.

Safe loading, let us know how you make out with your reloading sir.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by myg30 View Post
    JR9178 welcome to the CB forum. Lots of good folks here and many decades of knowledge.
    Safty is of the most importance. JBin MN give you really good advice and I'll add to it that you need to READ,READ,READ and WORK UP YOUR OWN LOADS !!
    The "MOST BESTIET LOAD" ( sarcastism) in my,his,joes,bubbas firearm will NOT be the best for your firearm till you work up to that a see what YOUR firearm likes.
    A starting load should be a safe load below max. DOUBLE CHECK all data before you load up a bunch. These are YOUR firearms and YOUR EYES andFINGERS that you need to protect.
    To much crimp, less OAL, etc.. can raise pressures to a devestating level that only YOU can control.
    Find some good reloading manuals, 2 at least and recheck all data before you do your loading.
    ASK ALL the questions you want and everyone here will offer help fer sure. There are no stupid questions except the one you didn't ask.

I'm not being harsh. Not scaring you, just passing along the good words that got me this far without having any real mishaps. Please be safe always.

Safe loading, let us know how you make out with your reloading sir.

Mike
    Thanks mike

Boolit Master

I’ve loaded BE-86 in 9mm, 45 Colt and 7.62x25 Tokarev. It will happen in 38 special too at some point. Really like the powder but there is not a lot of data out there yet. I’ve posted some loads with it which you can probably spot by searching for BE-86.