Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2WidenersInline Fabrication
Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How's your weather ?

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

How's your weather ?

How much variance of temperature do you have during the year ? I live in Texas and it's a big question year to year . Normally the summers are hot and winter is 'mild' . I live in North central Texas bout 20 mile south of the Oklahoma line , the Wichita Falls area . But Texas is known for ..extreme ..weather from year to year . Usually we get a couple of little snows from 2'' to 6'' and it melts in less than a week . 2/3's of winter is T shirt weather but things can change quick . I remember 1980 , stayed over 115 degrees for near a month in July .But seen it get down to 8 below in a winter .

http://coolweather.net/statetemperat...emperature.htm
    No turning back , No turning back !

That is what I like about Northern California. We do not have the extremes like other parts of the country, but we have 4 seasons to enjoy. The only part that sucks in CA. is our liberal politicians and the liberals on the coast that keeps voting them in. BUT!!! we have hope, those liberal voters are moving out at a alarming rate for states with lower taxes when they retire. Ca. has more people leaving the state then we have moving in.

Yea I know ....they are moving here .

Banned

low to mid 90's to about 25 below is pretty average.
    about 2-3 weeks of each.
    summer and fall is short, winter and spring are long.

I live in San Diego...enuf said...best weather in the Country...but people keep saying "move"....and we keep saying "don't come"...Weather forecasters here have the dullest job in the world...that's why we have a bunch of bikini model "meteorologists" working here...don't have to know anything except.."More of the same tomorrow"...

https://youtu.be/GmfGm4rGGFk

Banned
    It got down to 2 above zero Fahrenheit last night. The high today was in the 20's. I call it Global Warming.

Boolit Grand Master

Our last weeks high was 82* and this morning it was below freezing.
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master
    Southwest Michigan, about halfway between Chiraq and Detroit. A couple years back we had 4 feet of snow on the ground and hit -18F. Last winter I got the snowblower out once. Summers generally run around 95f with humidity near the top of the scale, but I have seen 100+.

I'm about an hour south of Toledo and our weather is mostly like Pipefitters except for the amount of snow. We rarely have more than a foot of snow on the ground at a time.

Denny

LOL ! In 1972 I hired out climbing poles to install one of the first cable tv systems in North Dakota . On a contract crew from North Texas , we got there in June and were supposed be out bout the end of September .

They had trouble getting 'components' , we ended up staying till January . Not one of the crew even took a sweatshirt when we left . Without going into detail it was a hellish experience , the company here not being geared up for the consequences . LOL , decided I need to live south of the Mason Dixon line thereafter .

Boolit Master
    Cold, set a new record for this date here...19 degrees and expected to set another one tonight.

Had a light freeze yesterday , Pretty early but can happen . Got ready to go to work , the truck windshield had a light skim of ice ...guess I need to watch the weather . Heck ! we still got mosquitos come December a lot of years .

Currently, 2 inches of snow on the ground. Will probably melt in a few days. By the end of november it will probably be here till April. North Dakota ain't for sissy's. The good side is the people tend to be incredibly good around here.

Summer will have a few days pushing 100 if not over it, humidity tends to be 60% so not terrible.

As I get older I am relying more on a couple of window AC units to keep things cooler. Sleep better at night.

Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    Our last weeks high was 82* and this morning it was below freezing.
    Yep....life in the Piedmont (albeit SC for me). Beautiful today....near 70 with crystal clear skies and a very light breeze. Forecast 20s tonight and high 40s tomorrow. Go figure..... It plays hell sometimes trying to heat with a wood furnace!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Super Moderator

Flagstaff, AZ: Highs in the low 60's, lows in the low 30's for the next several days. It's been mild so far. Winters here can be interesting with average snowfall over 100"/year.

Moderator Emeritus

Warmest I have seen in SW Montana has been 97 F, lowest has been -35F. In my old work that was the central and western part of the state hottest was 107 F lowest was -44F.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Moderator Emeritus

Where I am in SW MN I have seen it range from -31f to 101f... northern MN has seen -61f to 114f in cities about 100 miles apart... early cold this year, 8 degrees when I went to bed last night and never got above 28.

Boolit Master
    shirt sleeves yesterday. to night 30 windchill of 20.

Boolit Master
    I remember working in Philadelphia January 1974 at Atlantic Richfield.I was really cold icicles everywhere,I had to wear several layers of clothes to keep warm.Here in the UK it is a while since we had any heavy falls of Snow,years back we did have harsh winters with big freeze ups but now the trend is for moderate winters.Having said that I may have to bite my words since the weather can be so unpredictable.

Mnts of Va.November of '16 was dang cold the whole month,ran through some wood.Then December was warm,go figure.It's mid 20's here tonight,got the wood furnace cranking.But has been warmer all last month and this till,tonight.Going bowhunting today.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast