RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RepackboxWidenersReloading EverythingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How's your weather ?

Boolit Master
    It's nice and chilly here this morning , but that's a good thing . I am going to cut firewood today , and I hate to cut wood and the grass on the same weakened .

Boolit Master

The weather here has been a lot cooler since Algore fixed global warming, but, the weather now is very unpredictable, I guess it's the climate change I keep hearing about.
    Maybe, Algore can fix that too and get the weather back to normal, but wait, when was and what is normal weather?
    Political correctness is a national suicide pact.

I am a sovereign individual, accountable
    only to God and my own conscience.

Boolit Master
    one winter it was so cold here. when you were out side if you talked to some one. they had to pick up the words and take them in and put them by the fire to hear what you said.

Boolit Grand Master

Cold, to cold. I'm actually looking forward to working in Phoenix next week. I hate everything about the area except the weather they have this time of year. It was brutally hot in late August, early September. So the weather now is almost a reward for suffering through it.

Boolit Master

those Califorinas moving out are moving in here, hope we have a really snowy winter and they leave come spring or sooner. We don't need liberals here
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

We don't talk about the weather in Colorado, it just gives foreigners ideas (Kaliforniaun) and we have too many already.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Master

Here in Florida, mostly hot, humid and sunny except for the three months of winter. Winter time you get all 4 seasons in a day most the years. Frost in the morning, then spring hits at sunrise, then its full blow summer again at noon. Towards the evening autumn hits then about right at sun goes down its cold as hell and starts to ice over till morning.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by MaryB View Post
    Where I am in SW MN I have seen it range from -31f to 101f... northern MN has seen -61f to 114f in cities about 100 miles apart... early cold this year, 8 degrees when I went to bed last night and never got above 28.
    To everyone else reading this...Minnesota ain't so bad. (I am in south-central MN, not that far from Mary)..but don't get me wrong, Mary is correct in everything she said.

I love the change of seasons that Minnesota has. In a good year, we'll have an equal amount of time in each season (spring, summer, fall, winter) and 12 weeks each. Three months of winter isn't so bad, even when a cold night gets to -25ºF, especially if you have wood heat in the house, so it is economically feasible to have the livingroom at 80ºF, with a half inch of frost on the windows, LOL

But in a bad year, when winter starts early (snow sticking to the ground in October) and finishes up late, with Blizzards in April...well, that's when I will get a little depressed and wishing I lived on the Baja peninsula
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by trails4u View Post
    Yep....life in the Piedmont (albeit SC for me). Beautiful today....near 70 with crystal clear skies and a very light breeze. Forecast 20s tonight and high 40s tomorrow. Go figure..... It plays hell sometimes trying to heat with a wood furnace!
    Especially since the state is all pine trees! Talking about burning wood. At least up here in TN we have hardwoods.

Moderator Emeritus

I had a 100 year lease on some Baja land... just a camping lot about 1/2 acre. I quit going down there in the late 90's... drug lords had moved in and every year it was getting more and more dangerous. Last year we were there we had to caravan out with military protection until we got to the border. As we went through Ensenada it was like a full scale battle and some of the vehicles ended with bullet holes. Lucky no injuries but I never went back. Sold the lease to someone who runs the Baja 500 and he even quit going there...

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    To everyone else reading this...Minnesota ain't so bad. (I am in south-central MN, not that far from Mary)..but don't get me wrong, Mary is correct in everything she said.

I love the change of seasons that Minnesota has. In a good year, we'll have an equal amount of time in each season (spring, summer, fall, winter) and 12 weeks each. Three months of winter isn't so bad, even when a cold night gets to -25ºF, especially if you have wood heat in the house, so it is economically feasible to have the livingroom at 80ºF, with a half inch of frost on the windows, LOL

But in a bad year, when winter starts early (snow sticking to the ground in October) and finishes up late, with Blizzards in April...well, that's when I will get a little depressed and wishing I lived on the Baja peninsula

Boolit Grand Master

Spent the weekend in S TX and weather was so warm one of the hunters worked on projects around the lease shirtless Saturday afternoon. In addition to a nice doe I brought home dozens of chigger bites. For some reason I neglected to take bug repellant on a deer hunting trip. Two weeks ago It was 28 degrees one morning, unusual for S Texas.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Vendor Sponsor

28 2 nights ago 35 last night .... mids 60's for a high all week
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Master
    Our first big fall storm rolled through in the last 24 hours with 4" of rain and winds to 40. The ground is saturated now and the next storm rolls in late tonight so should bring in another couple inches of rain. My chainsaw is sharp and fueled.

In Remembrance
    In the last couple of days we have had 8 to 10 inches. We have just not had any cold weather yet, which is good for some things, bad for others. It is suppose to cool down below 0 starting tomorrow and stay cool for a few days, which will help tighten up the ground.

Boolit Bub
    In New York where we live the high for the year is around 95, the low -20.

Boolit Master
    It is supposed to be around 79% here today. My wife and I just got back from Palm Spgs and it was in the mid 80s there. We saw several cars with either British Columbia or Alberta license plates. Opos is right, San Diego has the best weather in the nation, for that matter in the world. It is moderate year around wiih no bugs. You need water to have bugs and Southern California has no water. I was stationed on North Island in the early 1950s and it was just one beautiful day after another. The problem now is the amount of people. I saw on TV several years ago that the most populated area in the Western Hemisphere was the greater San Diego- Tia Jana area. While I am at it I may as well assure all you people who live in cold places, this is one little pea picker you don't have to worry about moving into your section of paradise. I hate cold. I worked for GTE and many decades ago they acquired the phone company that served Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. I knew four people who transferred there and three of them transferred back and the fourth man quit the company and bought the trash hauling company that served the town of post falls. He is still there. He wanted me to transfer there so I asked him how cold it got the winter before and he replied -30, nuff said. I guess those winters were just too much for the other three.
    Last edited by GOPHER SLAYER; 11-13-2017 at 04:20 PM.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Grand Master
    How's your weather ?
    outside is frightful
    cool snow rain perfect deer hunting weather
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

I caught a northern through the ice already this yr . We got winter almost a month early in northern mn

Boolit Master

snowing, dusting actually , normal for the first week of deer season.

Boolit Master

We can have 40* swings, Summer or Winter, 65 AM, 105 PM, or 25 AM, 65 PM. More common is 30* swing that we are having now, 59 AM, 89 PM today. And when I was driving a tram at the Air Museum, I told folks that the highest ever recorded in Tucson was 118, and there was good news and bad news - the Good News: I wasn't here! The Bad News: I was in Phoenix, where it was 122!
    And we call this time 3D - a Delightful Day in the Desert! 1/10 cloud, small breeze, did some casting yesterday and loob/sizing today, on the patio. Beautiful...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast