RepackboxInline FabricationReloading EverythingWideners
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: My old Condor

My old Condor

Did not get moved this summer .So I pulled my 12 year old 25 caliber Condor out of storage . With a bag of AF parts and a 24 inch .177 barrel . Pulled it a part , cleaned , lubed and gave it all new o rings . In stalled a talon valve in the TT tank drop . Mounted a 12 year old BSA springer rated scope on it . That out lasted all my springer's and focuses good even at 10 yards . Tethered and regulated to 1000 psi. It chrony 10.5 grain pellets at 810 fps . Moved the spinner out to 20 yards and enjoyed the morning shooting .Marvin

Sounds like a fun project. Did you ever chrono it with the .25 ca. bbl?

This is my first Condor I have several condors and talons . This one started out as a .177 . Before AF made 25 caliber rifles I bought a 25 caliber barrel . And this Rifle went through several changes and a lot of use . Heavy hammers , and strong springs . I left the strong valve spring for the .177 in it and it was doing 1000 fps with 53 grain cast bullets . All of this took a toll on the frame were the cocking nob hits . In storage I have a new frame for it . But I did not dig it out . Marvin

You mentioned shooting cast boolits and that is something i've been considering a lot lately.
    I'd like to get into a pcp rifle someday and shooting cast out of it.

I've been considering a Sumatra in 22 or 25 cal.

I have looked hard at them as well . But I have not bought one or a Marauder because the bolt probe o ring is in the breech not on the probe . You might get a better seal on the probe but I do not like the thought of running cleaning tools over my breech seals . And there are some times sharp edges on pellets and cast bullets that slide threw the o ring . I might be over concerned about this but I shoot a lot and do not need to deal with a torn seal frequently . When you shoot cast bullets there is more bearing surface than on a pellet and more frequent barrel cleaning is required . Just my reasoning and I am sure some will call it foolish . I ordered a Umarex Gauntlet over a Marauder for this reason as well as the cost . By the way molds for 25 cal are readily available but in 22 they are far and few if any available . Marvin

That's exactly why i'm still in the research mode on the pcp guns instead of just jumping in and buying....i keep picking up little tid bits of info like that for consideration.

I for got to mention that the Gauntlet is regulated as well . Seen some good reviews of it in 22 . Hope the 177 I ordered does as well .Marvin

Pulled the tank drop and tank off and installed a Air Venturi 13 ci 1150 psi regulated bottle . With a AF co2 adapter . Getting 68-70 shoots at 850 fps with 9.75 grain pellets . About the same as my Gauntlet . Marvin

Set the PW on 4 to bring the FPS up a little . Gauntlet with same ci pulled about 20 more shoots an about 20 fps faster than this rifle with the same 9.8 pellets .Marvin