Titan ReloadingInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Reloading Everything

Thread: Uberti 1873 Revolver Carbine

Uberti 1873 Revolver Carbine

Has anyone shot one of these. What is the accuracy out to 100 yards or so.

Any thoughts

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	574 
Size:	2.9 KB 
ID:	207464

Boolit Grand Master
    My brother has one of the BP versions with a conversion cylinder in 45 colt. I was surprised at how well it shot. Now, let's understand that it will not be adequate for sniping flies, but it will shoot 4 to 5 inch groups with the less than stellar sights at 100 yards. The fly in the ointment is the lack of adjustment in the sights. you have to develop a load that hits to point of aim and that is the one you will have to use. No grabbing a box of mid-range or "Special" ammo and expecting to hit what you aim at. Also, you will only grab the barrel once with your off hand while firing. The flash and burn of powder coming out the cylinder gap is an instant reminder to keep both hands back of the cylinder.
    It is a fun gun to shoot though. Not a deer gun, nor my first choice for home defense, but a neat-o, fun gun that will get you looks when you shoot it at the range. Not every gun has to be Rambo-approved to be enjoyable.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Thanks, That's the information I was looking for. Didn't expect it to be a sniper rifle, but I like to hit the target.

I have a .410 single shot that my friends make fun of. But when I go quail, chuckar or grouse hunting, I always bring back some. I wouldn't take it waterfowl hunting.

Different guns have different purposes. Some are there to make you smile.

Boolit Master
    My wife’s bosses son took a nice buck with his last year at close range. But he also CCWs a Ruger Old Army C&B revolver. I’ve never shot one but I guess if it’s what turns your crank...

Boolit Grand Master
    I haven't fired one of these arms either, but if it floats your boat HAVE AT IT, I say. I was always curious about their accuracy potential--I appreciate the info.

410 repeater goes with me on every dove season opener I have been part of for a long time. I do have a couple 10-bird limits taken with the 410. #9 shot in 3" shells is the "secret" to success--and limit your shots to under 35 yards. The 11/16 oz. shotload in the 3" shells is significantly more pellets downrange than the 1/2 oz. provided in the 2-1/2" skeet loads. FINDING store-bought 3" #9s can be a problem, so about 20 years ago I bought a MEC 600 Jr. in 410 and set it up to refill 410 shells.
    Last edited by 9.3X62AL; 11-10-2017 at 02:31 PM.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Master
    I had one in 44 mag many years ago. I only fired one or two rounds through it due to severe blow back in my face. I got rid of it as soon as possible with full disclosure.

I really love the looks probably due to the old westerns from the 60-70’s. But I am soooo over it.
    TEAM HOLLYWOOD

NRA- LIFE TSRA-LIFE SASS-LIFE

Hold a revolver about one foot away from your eyes with a two hand hold and fire at the target. It gets old fast. It's very similar. The barrel/cylinder gap is not your friend. Witness the Taurus Circuit Judge with its blast shield.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I have one still with the percussion cylinder. I hold it with a supporting hand under my firing hand so that no arm is under the cyl/bbl. It will toss some smoke at ya, but it's plenty firable,

I have hit water bottles at 100 yards. I was holding a 2-3" pattern at that range. so 1-2 hits per 6 shots.. i didn't feel bad about that at all.

I found a Uberti 1873 Remington replica carbine. With it came a conversion cylinder so I can shoot .45 long Colt cowboy loads. Took it out for a test. Both black powder substitute (777) and .45 long colt. It was very nice. I could easily hit a 8" plate at 80 yards. It wasn't too loud with ear protection. I liked the front sight and rear buckhorn sight. I like carbines. It will go with my .45-70 trapdoor and .50-45-400 rolling block. I will have to see if I can load the .45 long colt with black powder like the original cartridge and get good results.
    Last edited by Lostinidaho; 11-18-2017 at 08:53 PM.