WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLoad DataInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Repackbox

Thread: Russians are at it again !

Boolit Master

Russians are at it again !

Now they're making a 10 gauge version of the Lyman sabot slug !https://m.ebay.com/itm/10GA-wad-cutt...4AAOSwPM9ZfCm1
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Grand Master
    Ouch!

Boolit Grand Master

Any idea the diameter? I wonder if it has possibilities for a full bore 12 gauge?

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    Any idea the diameter? I wonder if it has possibilities for a full bore 12 gauge?
    There is one, but it’s not Russian made. One of my member on my slug and buck Facebook page casts them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    This slug is supposed to fit in the SP-10 wad . The slugs that Bikerbeans has a mold for are .730" and I have to use a .010" mylar wrap on them as opposed to the petals in the SP-10 wad as a petal on that wad is .020-.025" so I would assume the diameter of this slug is something like .710-.720 " .

Boolit Master
    Now I hope this mold reaches me before 12/1/17 �� If I can kill one soon with Bikerbeans slug maybe I can knock over a late season one with this Rooskie slug .

Boolit Master
    But then again I wanna plunk one with the 16 gauge Rooskie slug as well this season !

Boolit Master
    My mold arrived in NYC port of entry Monday or Tuesday as of today Black Friday its in some place in New Jersey , "hopefully " I'll see it by Wednesday or Thursday . Plunked one with Bikerbeans slug Wednesday afternoon . So if I get the mold next week I just might be up and running by the weekend ������

any way you would make some up for us that wanna try it before investing in the mold?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pacomdiver View Post
    any way you would make some up for us that wanna try it before investing in the mold?
    Possibly after March , but not during hunting season and after hunting season I'll be out of the country for a month not returning until mid March . To be honest I don't mind the making part , the loosing the alloy part I ain't to crazy about .

Boolit Master
    Looks like I'll have the mold in hand Monday . And if that's the case I'll cast 50 and load three dozen at the shop then on the way home I'll drop by the range and try them in three Parker 10 doubles . Also wanna load an additional dozen to hunt with this year as I'm sure they'll more then likely meet my parameters at 25 yards and quite possible boy at 50 yards as my 16 Parker does with the same type Russian knockoff slug .

Boolit Master
    Got the mold Monday and cast 50 right away , filled the base with hot melt glue and then loaded about three dozen with 30 grains of SR7625 and a REM SP-10 wad . I had three Parker 10 gauge doubles in the truck so when I left the shop I headed to the range . I first tried a circa 1884 Parker top lever hammer gun 2 from the right barrel then 2 from the left barrel , wasn't to hot from either barrel . Next I tried a circa 1899 Parker EH #3 frame with 32" barrels full and fuller yet this one shot pretty decent from the right and left barrels , a lot of times one barrel will hit the correct POA and the other not so much . The 1899 gun did well enough to load slugs in both barrels for hunting inside 40 yards . The last I tried it in was a circa 1889 Parker EH #2 frame with 30" barrels . The right barrel would be okay but not so much for the left . On Tuesday I cast 45 more slugs and added the glue to them but haven't loaded anymore yet . I still have ten or so to kill a deer . I've carried the #3 frame gun several times this week but so far no cigar .

Boolit Master
    Now I've got the Rooskie molds for the 10 and 16 in the Lyman steroid air rifle pellet design . I also have about 300 of the 12 gauge I cast from a friends Lyman 525 mold , perhaps I'll get the Rooskie copy of the Lyman 20 gauge sabot slug mold if one becomes available . At the moment all they show is that design to shoot in a wad without petals . I'd prefer it of the same diameter as the Lyman 20 gauge slug so I can shoot it inside a WAA20 or CB knockoff of the same thing or quite possibly a REM SP-20 .

Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika View Post
    Now I've got the Rooskie molds for the 10 and 16 in the Lyman steroid air rifle pellet design . I also have about 300 of the 12 gauge I cast from a friends Lyman 525 mold , perhaps I'll get the Rooskie copy of the Lyman 20 gauge sabot slug mold if one becomes available . At the moment all they show is that design to shoot in a wad without petals . I'd prefer it of the same diameter as the Lyman 20 gauge slug so I can shoot it inside a WAA20 or CB knockoff of the same thing or quite possibly a REM SP-20 .
    I have a Russian 20 ga Lyman clone that fits in shotcups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk