Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyPBcastco
RotoMetals2Load DataInline FabricationWideners
Reloading Everything Lee Precision

Thread: Anyone try to reload .32 rimfire?

Boolit Master

Anyone try to reload .32 rimfire?

I was wondering if anyone here had tried to mess with some of the kits out there like the ones from Dixie Gun Works on reloading .32 Rimfire? My local gun shop has a slew of them all of a sudden with no takers (three Remington #4's, a Remington #6). I really like the #6 and it would a lot of fun to let my son shoot it, but of course with the .32 rimfire, ammo is the issue. I know the Dixie Version lets you shoot the .32 rimfire by using a .22 blank, their casing, black powder and a .310 roundball. I am not all that sure about the others, just wondering if anyone has experimented with it.
    Whatever cannot be remedied, must be endured.

Boolit Master
    When we were kids we reloaded 32 rf multiple times by picking the priming powder out of berdan primers.Had more than one primer go off ,no ill effects.Reckon it sharpened my reflexes,see the stuff coming and blink.

Short answer is,"yes"
    Long answer is;http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-rimfire-brass
    Have fun,
    Dennis

Boolit Buddy
    I made a case out of aluminum just to shoot a rolling block from the 1800's.
    I have reloaded it a few times and it works great.
    I would buy a .32 rimfire in a heartbeat just for the challenge and fun of shooting it.

I have a .32 rimfire Stevens Favorite. I have bot a rifled barrel and a shot barrel. It has been a really fun project developing loads. But shooting it has been even more fun.

I started out making .32 rimfire shells from .32 long colt. Drilling out the primer pocket to hold a .22 rimfire power actuator shell. That worked well. But with my drill press the shells were rough. Removing the power actuator shell damage some of the .32 colt case. So I had a talent gunsmith turn an extra .22 cal breech block into a center fire. Now I shoot hand loaded .32 center fire cartridges. I can restore it back to original in just a few minutes.

Its not a sub-MOA.. But I can hit steel target at close to far ranges.
    Last edited by Lostinidaho; 11-13-2017 at 09:31 PM.