Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This year's hunting bullets & Elk Success

Boolit Buddy
    Unfortunately, my wife wanted me to take the carcass to a meat cutter this time (I usually do my own) due to my use of blood thinners. It wouldn't be pretty if I got my usual collection of cuts so I didn't recover the bullet. There may have been a little meat loss in the right shoulder but not a lot. I can say the entry hole in the hide was small but about 2 1/2 inches wide by the time it got through the ribs and both lungs were thoroughly wrecked. I should have done some exploratory surgery before taking him in. The bullet wasn't bonded and was made with one of Richard Corbin's jackets.

Banned
    Thanks for the great account of your adventure. I can't hunt anymore so it is particularly delightful for me to hear the stories. I would like to encourage other hunters to share their stories. I have never hunted elk. Raised in Wisconsin, we only had whitetail deer. But I am not against the long shots at all. If you are prepared, long shots are fine. That being said, the vast majority of game bagged is close shots. I was once a pretty good shot. My problem was hitting em when the were running. lol. Trap shooting is a good practice also.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12