Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingWidenersTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load DataInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: FS: Collector Winchester Model 61

Banned

FS: Collector Winchester Model 61

Collector Winchester Model 61 22LR/L/S circa 1954-57

This is obviously a post 1954 version with the grooved receiver for tip off mounts (see review below). It's lived life as a safe queen. Gun is pristine! Butt plate is the checkered blued steel (according to strong magnet) and not the later era plastic composite. This puts production dates between 1954 (when tip off receiver started) and 1957, when Winchester moved to a composite, plastic butt plate. Serial number is shown in the images below.

$2000 USPS MO shipped in the Con. USA to your FFL from a private owner

SN# & view of take down screw on left side receiver ...

One small blemish in the stock near the left side wrist area (chip in finish, no damage to wood) ...

Blemish on bbl bluing near muzzle, but not deep and no rust. Gun is pristine ...

Bore is very bright and crisp. Action is like butter. Winchester got it right on this one.

History excerpt of Model 61 Winchester: A number of changes occurred during production life of the Model 61. From 1932 to 1957, the butt plates were checkered blue steel. Later ones were black composite plastic. Triggers were grooved beginning in 1950. Receivers were authorized to be grooved for tip off scope mounts in 1954, in line with other 22’s of the era such as Mdl 77 and 66 Auto loaders plus the bolt action Mdl 69A & 75 Sporter.
    Last edited by rfd; 11-22-2017 at 05:47 PM. Reason: price change

I've seen this one and it's really clean...

The reviews I've seen praise this gun over many...

Boolit Master

I have it's mate. Dad bought it for me in 1957. Mine is in almost that condition. That is one fine rifle. Anyone getting it will have one fine shooter!

Since Rob told me he's listing this one, I had to become curious and see they are somewhat rare in that fine a condition and even the beaters are commanding high dollars...

Had I the money, it'd rest in the safe as an investment since Winchester is no mo.

Fine Gun. Fine man to do biz with!

Dang. P4. I LOVED these ole gallery gun! Time for a bump...

I put some Carnie's kids thru college frittering away all my allowance and ptime job money in SE PA fall street fairs at these Harvest fair shooting booths!

I spent a ton of time and $$ learning each gun's sights as they'd swap units around periodically to throw you off. HA! I almost won one of the (Likely shot out) ones you could take--- if you blotted out the B with 3 shots...

I did it, and the Carnie pulled up the target, turned it over and scrapped the paper back with his barlow... I snatchd it outa his hands as a rather imposing 12 yr old of 6' and found the police chief... showed him the target and told him the story and he ran the Carnie outa town...

Alas, I'm old now, and didn't earn well enough to buy such a weapon, but they sure are sweet and this one is Excellent condition...

nice and clean

In Remembrance
    A friend of my dads had one of these that he used to shoot hogs they had trapped, among other things.
    Back around 64 it was the very first firearm that I would get to shoot. Fast forward until 76 and an older retired friend of mine showed me his, it was in a nice case with a partial box of old shells. Rossi had been selling some imposters and I told him his was a rossi as it looked brand new, he said the heck it was he had bought it new and however many shells were missing out of that box of 50 was all it had been shot.
    I drooled over that thing for quite some time and told him if he ever decided to part with it I wanted first chance.
    A few months later for some reason he wanted a cb, my wifes cousin traded him a 23 channel cb for it, this was after the 40 channels had come out, it wasn't worth over 10 bucks. I could have cried, especially because I now knew it had found a permanent home, no chance of ever trading him out of it. lol

Beautiful rifle...wish I could afford it right now...I have it's brother..a model 62 hammer /pump in about the same condition from 1952..I shoot mine now and then but am really particular with it's handling and cleaning..they are memories for many of us that had them for a first rifle.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Winchister 62A..22 hammer pump rifle 001.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	207462

Boolit Buddy
    I love pump 22 rifles. That one sure is a dandy. That paticular model is missing from my collection. Vertical tempting!

Great stories, guys...brings back many fond memories of my own... that Mdl 62 is sweet too!!! Wow...

Banned

ttt .............

Banned

TTT - price change!