MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Repackbox RotoMetals2

Thread: Flea market

Boolit Master

Flea market

I found 100 pcs of .30 carbine brass for $3. Now I need a mould,dies and a M1 carbine.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1e198f2b93476ae2389074f2b3379e20.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	207282
    Pro Patria-Ne Desit Virtus

Boolit Master
    I just bought the "new" Inland Mfg. M1 1945. After reading many reviews of which most of them were bad, I am somewhat impressed. Started by shooting WW 110 gr. factory HP j-word and out of the first 5 shots, three of them failed to feed. That's not a good start for a new rifle. Couldn't help but notice that there was not a hint of grease or oil in the action. After putting M1 grease in the usual places, it has not missed a beat in the next 80 shots. After reading all the poor reviews, the accuracy is better than I was expecting, 2-1/2" to 4" 5 shot groups at 100 yds. with my 66 year old eyes that see 4/5 front sights of varying shades of gray. So I think it will be competitive against other M1 Carbines in the only match I'll be in which is Standing.
    The only amendment the Democrats support is the 5th.

Boolit Master

Forgot to mention,1945 Lake City.

Banned
    Usually, the disease hits when you pick up brass @ a range, guess the flea market is another place to get afflicted.
    Now you won't be able to eat, sleep or think clearly until you get a gun and reloading equipment to go with the brass.
    I hear the .30 carbine strain affect you worse than many other strains.

Boolit Master

Turns out,I already have a mold.
    I do have an Erma in .22 mag

Boolit Master
    Getting some brass is always a good reason to buy a gun.Around 25 years ago I built a 7X66 Vom Hofe sporter because Huntington Die Specialties send me the wrong set of loading dies on a special order.It is nice round but ammo isn't available at the LGS.

Boolit Master

Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES do not store two carbines in the same place! They breed! You start with 2 and suddenly you realize that there are 4 then 6 then 8 of them!

I found a set of 6.5 JDJ reloading dies recently for $20. Now, I'm looking for a Contender barrel in 6.5 JDJ. This is just another way that the disease works.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I used to pick up die sets in calibers I didn't load when I found them at a "steal" to have on the shelf "just in case" - of course that lead to several different gun purchases. Come to think of it, I have some 308 brass somewhere that I haven't bought a gun for . . . yet.

Buying brass for a gun you don't have is a reasonable thing to do - at least you know what to look for. A person who buys primers in a size they don't use though (yep, I picked up a 1K pack - don't ask me why) leaves the options for a new purchase even more open!

I always wanted a M-1 carbine but never bought one. I had a friend who had an Underwood (which was also his last name) and he had a lot of fun with it. Good luck in your search and enjoy - they look like they would be a fun gun to own.

Boolit Master

Drink 1/2 liter off 100+ proof single malt scotch and let the idea go away. You will be happier 3 months from then.

I was given a set of 338 Winchester dies, now looking for, brass and a rifle

Boolit Master

I have a shop in a flea market. A vendor there had a #2 Dragoon on the table, a second one next to it. I got the Dragoon for 200$. Well, it was an original! I cleaned it, got it timed, head space tightened, and cleaned. I guess, you never know. It is my prize possession. The vendor never even oiled it. I went back for the second Dragoon, but the vendor had passed on. Grips were junk, and had an other market brass frame. Glad I got the one I got. There are lots of Starrs here. All in firing condition. I love it.

It started 3 years ago with an Ideal 62-560 that was given to me and some one suggesting it might work good in a .45-70, then I got a 45-70 shell holder, figured I should have one in m y collection, that spawned a set of RCBS 45-70 dies. I'm kind of afraid where this is going.
    Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by hornady308 View Post
    I found a set of 6.5 JDJ reloading dies recently for $20. Now, I'm looking for a Contender barrel in 6.5 JDJ. This is just another way that the disease works.
    I found a die set in 7mmTCU and almost 2 yrs later got a barrel with brass and bullets as a package deal, I knew I'd eventually find the barrel at a price I couldn't pass on.
    "People in Arizona carry guns," said Detective David Ramer, a Chandler police spokesman. You better be careful about who you are picking on...

Boolit Master
    I have held out for about 4 years after trading for some casting supplies.
    The lot contained a set of dies as well as several hundred pieces of formed,shot brass for the 7mmTCU.

I look at that stash every time i go in my shop,it's hard to do.