Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataRepackbox
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Unfired guns

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Ok I've given myself a new job. I'm going to travel the country to visit you non fire-ers and help you shoot those poor guns. Somebody has to do it.
    Now that is hilarious. I tease a best friend about him having not shot all his new guns. He's getting around to it though. I'll help you Tex!

I waited a week to shoot a new gun once. Once.

Boolit Master
    I sometimes wait till it gets dark.if theres going to be a big noise.

Boolit Master
    "Unfired"-- that's just another way of saying I don't own it.
    Hick: Iron sights!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Ok I've given myself a new job. I'm going to travel the country to visit you non fire-ers and help you shoot those poor guns. Somebody has to do it.
    I too like your post.

Reckon you'll have to come visit. Last gun I bought was a Garand that my father sporterized in the '50s, then turned right around and traded to his friend. Bought it back from the friend's son and it took me about a year to come up with ammo and get it out to the range.
    I think I still have one of the guns that Dad's friend traded for the Garand, that I haven't shot.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Buddy
    Being a small business owner I have very limited time to shoot and load. Pile on top of that a divorce (last year), home maintenance, a daughter (senior in High school this year), etc.... not much time left in the day. I have a handful of rifles I have never shot. I only get a few precious days to hunt a year as well. It isn't about self control it's about making a living. I'll get to them when I get the time.

Boolit Master
    Like tim338, Im a small business owner and (have bought more rifles this year, than in the last 35 yrs of marriage ( 300 rum, 45-70 double,1895 cowboy 45-70, henry 44 mag,223 savage, 2 12 gauges all bnib) not one has been fired and have 2 ordered for Dec none will probably see light of day unless my life schedule gets changed somehow. Oh well they'll make great hand me downs for nephews and niece (leo's and coast guard officer)

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by brass410 View Post
    Like tim338, Im a small business owner and (have bought more rifles this year, than in the last 35 yrs of marriage ( 300 rum, 45-70 double,1895 cowboy 45-70, henry 44 mag,223 savage, 2 12 gauges all bnib) not one has been fired and have 2 ordered for Dec none will probably see light of day unless my life schedule gets changed somehow. Oh well they'll make great hand me downs for nephews and niece (leo's and coast guard officer)
    Pretty sure I'm your nephew!
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Bub
    Depends on the rifle. I got a really clean K98K last year. Maybe 80% finish and matching except the bolt. Mint bore and even has the sight hood and cleaning rod. Kriegsmarine marked. Not risking damage to that rifle when I have a RCK98 with a nice bore I can shoot. My luck and the nice walnut stock would split be on the first round.

I consider the collectibles separate from the shootables.

Boolit Buddy
    I have limited range time available. This year I hardy shot due to job schedule, but usually I'm either shooting a CMP or NRA match, or practicing for one. So it's going to be an AR-15 service rifle, or an M1 Garand. I'll try and grab a milsurp and shoot a couple strings, but don't always have the time.

Boolit Master
    I plan to retire in another two years.
    So then when I have that extra time on my hands, It will be a New Adventure every week firing all these rifles that I never had the time to shoot.
    This way I wont have to dip into my Fixed Income buying new rifles to get that thrill.
    Well, at least for the first Year or so.

Boolit Bub
    I bought a remington pump 22 back in 1986 , new and haven't shot it yet.

I say, if you buy a gun, you can do with it what you please, even if that's just staring at it. but my opinion is to shoot the darn things, that's what they are for. now when it comes to old guns handed down, that, if something happened to them, would be impossible to fix or replace. that's a bit different. I have never, never waited more than a day or so to shoot a gun. lol
    An armed man in a citizen.
    An unarmed man is a subject.
    A disarmed man is a slave.

Boolit Grand Master

We gave a C Sharps 74 Sharps to a mechanic at work for a retirement gift years ago, And I "donated" a 100 rd MTM box of appropriate Black Powder 45-70 loaded ammo in. It is a beautiful rifle with His years of service engraved in the one side of the receiver. Up graded wood to 3X polished bluing and really nice case hardening. I talked to his son a few years ago and He told me that he had inherited the rifle and Dad hung it over the TV and never shot it. Just Looked at it and got his enjoyment that way.

"Unfired"...what is that? I usually have a new gun out to the firing line by the next day, or same day, if I can. I've a few guns I shoot rarely, but I shoot them too. I don't have enough to leave any languishing in the dark for years at a time.

Boolit Grand Master

There was a time long ago when I worked 50-60 hr a week, raised 2 children and kept a house and home. There were no safe queens and every new aquisition was fired as soon as I could manage a trip to the range.
    Time has a way of changing habits. I'm now retired, still get up at 5 AM, and have virgin pistols and rifles in both safes.
    My day is fixing breakfast for the wife and 2 grandchildren, getting them to school, and finding ways to get housework done and keeping the honey-do list from growing.
    Either I've become much less efficient or lazy because a trip to the range has become a low priority item. Even getting down to the cave is a chore.
    Yep, I have unfired guns!!!!!!!
    Information not shared. is wasted.

Boolit Master

Life happens. Had quite a few unfired guns, now i have alot of once fired guns. Will get to gettng them all realy dirty before i die, at least i hope. Anyone here can help if they wish, bring some ammo, i will have tea and make a pie.
    be well.
    When you read the fine print you get an education
    when you ignore the fine print you get experience

Boolit Master

I gotta Winchester 30/30 that I bought in 1994 still unfireerd
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Guns have feelings too. If you don’t shoot them the day purchased they might get ticked off and decide to say to hell with accuracy. You can’t be too careful with their feelings.
    M. Stenback

Boolit Master
    I found another rifle that I have had for over a year and I have yet to fire.
    It is an HK-91 7.62x51 that I bought off my Girlfriends Ex Boyfriend because he was moving back to California and because of the Ban there , he could not take it back into the state, not to mention all the 20 round magazines that went with it.
    I had taken part of my Chrismas Bonus from last year and bought the Scope Mount, Scope, the Ejector Port Deflector and a Bi Pod.
    But again, I have my original HK that I brought from California 25 years ago, so why would there be any rush to go out and fire another one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast