Load DataRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackbox
WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How's Kalifornia Going To Get Aroudn This?

Banned

I'm surprised, being I started this thread, that it has received so much attention and posts. Nice work guys!

Boolit Master
    I am amazed at the laws that non-Californians think exist here. You can buy Ars in California. In fact a local sporting goods store is selling kits to convert formally legal guns into currently legal guns. Courts have said I can keep my formally legal magazines and micro stamping doesn't exist there fore can't be required. The "safe gun list" was so that guns wouldn't go bang when dropped. Of course you had to retest the guns if you changed the color of the finish and the only guns exempt are single action revolvers. We have a legislature that has the brains of earthworms but I can buy guns with a 10 day wait. Perhap s our Lt Gov will go too far and greatly offend ths SCOTUS sense or right and wrong and get a bunch of t=his rules thrown out. One can only hope for the best.

vzerone: Since you asked about the Fightlight SCR I'll show you mine.

The lower receiver can be paired with any AR upper. The lower receiver is basically AR from the magwell forward and Rem 1100 from the magwell back. The bolt carrier is cut off just behind the firing pin retaining pin and a strut is attached that can swing down as the bolt carrier cycles. The recoil spring is housed in a tube that runs thru the pistol grip and down into the stock.

These have been around for a few years and yes they are just as legal as Mini 14's in CA. Mine is an absolute joy to shoot. None of the evil things that CA Lawmakers (boobs) are scared of with all the firepower of an AR,,, and it handles like a Rem 1100 Shotgun. I have seen pics of ones with wood on them. Google Fightlight SCR and hit the "images" button there's a bunch of them on there.

I bought just the lower assembly which comes with the bolt carrier. You add an AR Bolt, and an upper and you are in business.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Boolit Master
    Just me probably thinking too much, it appears to be a functional work around. Design somewhat copying the shotgun systems, do not most these platforms have steel receivers and operating pressures of 12-14K vs. 50-55K? What would one expect for the long term high round count upward BCG wear in upper?

Gtek: guns with aluminum or composite receivers all have one thing in common. The Breech System interlocks the Barrel and Bolt together independent of the receiver. All the receiver does is the Barrel and Bolt in basic alignment. The firing pressure is contained by the barrel and locked breech, not the receiver itself.

Virtually all AR 15 and M16/M4's have Aluminum Receivers, and the round count before failure is in the 100's of 1000's. I have a Mossberg 500 pump shotgun. Aluminum Receiver. The M590A1 Military Shotgun has a steel receiver but the reason for it over the less expensive M500 is one of "resistance to abuse." not functionality. The 590 is more likely to get dirt in it in use and thus the heavier construction. The Barrel is also thicker so they can breech doors with it, again to mitigate damage thru abuse.

I have a Bushmaster Carbon 15, (AR 15 with plastic receiver) and a Keltec SU16CA which also has a plastic receiver.

This gun has a little more upward thrust on the BCG but not enough to make any significant difference in the life of the gun. The BCG is about 4" long which is about a 4:1 length to diameter ratio, so there is sufficient bearing surface to not wear the upper side of the BCG channel excessively. Also my PSA upper is Hard Anodized which will wear out the Bolt Carrier long before the anodizing wears thru.

hope that answers your question.

I shot the gun yesterday in a 3 gun shoot in Santa Barbara CA and it performed perfectly. I wish I had performed perfectly, but maybe next time I'll do better.

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by W.R.Buchanan View Post
    vzerone: Since you asked about the Fightlight SCR I'll show you mine.

The lower receiver can be paired with any AR upper. The lower receiver is basically AR from the magwell forward and Rem 1100 from the magwell back. The bolt carrier is cut off just behind the firing pin retaining pin and a strut is attached that can swing down as the bolt carrier cycles. The recoil spring is housed in a tube that runs thru the pistol grip and down into the stock.

These have been around for a few years and yes they are just as legal as Mini 14's in CA. Mine is an absolute joy to shoot. None of the evil things that CA Lawmakers (boobs) are scared of with all the firepower of an AR,,, and it handles like a Rem 1100 Shotgun. I have seen pics of ones with wood on them. Google Fightlight SCR and hit the "images" button there's a bunch of them on there.

I bought just the lower assembly which comes with the bolt carrier. You add an AR Bolt, and an upper and you are in business.

Randy
    Thanks Randy. Sorry getting back to you late. Nice rifle and I didn't know they were around that long.

Boolit Buddy
    Well, if you thinks that's bad, what do you thing the commie states of CA, CT, MA, MD, NJ and NY are going to do if THIS passes: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...use-floor.html

FWIW, I'm all for it.
    I can not know what I don't know.

Boolit Grand Master

“This is just simple, common-sense legislation that says if you’re a law-abiding citizen … we’re not going to turn you into a criminal just for crossing an invisible state line,” bill sponsor Rep. Richard Hudson, R-N.C., told “Fox News @ Night.”

Words you never want to hear are in bold. I've stated my opinion on this matter enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_P View Post
    Well, if you thinks that's bad, what do you thing the commie states of CA, CT, MA, MD, NJ and NY are going to do if THIS passes: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...use-floor.html

FWIW, I'm all for it.
    You can add Illinois to that list.

Boolit Master
    I would expect that the commie states will continue to arrest and prosecute a out of state owner who is legally authorized to carry a gun in their home state. Since the commie states ignore Federal laws already, they are not going to change. I would not want to be one of the first people to get caught like that in one of these commie states either. You could still wind up with a criminal record even if they eventually let you go. I also doubt you would get your gun back either.

But there have been numerous catch 22 scenarios that happened in the past though. If I remember right having your airplane get diverted to a airport in Illinois and you have a gun declared being transported for you, could get you arrested in Illinois in some cases. I think New York is even worse for it too. I remember some out of state police officers being arrested for carrying in NYC before. So hopefully this new law would stop all that at the very least.
    Last edited by Earlwb; 12-05-2017 at 08:32 PM. Reason: add more information

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123