MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationReloading EverythingLee Precision
WidenersTitan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2
Repackbox
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How's Kalifornia Going To Get Aroudn This?

Banned

How's Kalifornia Going To Get Aroudn This?

Well here's one for you AR haters. Remember some of the complaints. I it's ackward. I don't like assualt type pistol grips. Well you need to check out FightLite's AR rifles. While you're at it check out their AR pistols!!! Finally someone came up with a new buffer and buffer tube system that gets rid of that AR straightline stock.

https://fightlite.com/collections/scr-rifles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzhj...ature=youtu.be

Boolit Master
    That is pretty neat. I think they need a wood butt stock version plus a wood forearm too. Then if it is wood, it would look normal. They could laminate the wood to make it super strong too. It would look quite attractive with a wood butt stock and forearm.

If they use Remington shotgun type stocks they might sell a bunch of them as rifles. The trigger groups remind me of ones used on 870,1100, 11/87, 7400, 7600 ect. Wonder how the cheek weld is on the stock with a scope.

Banned

That sure takes the AR out of the assault rifle category. You should check out their AR pistols. Kind of remind me of the very short barrel Remington and Mossberg shotguns.

In Remembrance
    I guess I didn't realize there were AR haters here, they are not my thing and I have no desire to own one, but I sure don't hate them or begrudge any one for wanting, or owning one.

Boolit Master
    And in the 25+ months I spent in RVN, MAC-V SOG Advisory Teams (think spooks) and in a Ranger company having one of those "ugly" rifles in my hands saved my life perhaps a hundred times... I never saw any "needless death..." in all that time either. I saw enemy soldiers killed, but the ones I killed kept me and my team alive on numerous occasions. Like all of them.

you might have seen "your date walk out of the men's room stall" but I never had that problem.

AR's and old model 70's are both tools, just like your tool chest should have both a tack hammer and a 4lb baby sledge.

Boolit Master
    I like it because it's going to cause the liberal domestic enemies in Kali some consternation.
    I don't find the "black guns" to be very appealing. Last semi auto rifle made that I have a real hankerin' for is an M1A. Don't care for the composite or glass stocks. Give me wood and metal any day.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master
    That has been around for quite awhile and is an answer to the no AR laws in CA.
    USMC 6638

Boolit Master

That has been around for quite awhile and is an answer to the no AR laws in CA.
    I think they are also targeting NY.
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Master
    I have a "Non-assalt weapon" Ar in California. Has a non-pistol grip stock. Did not want to bother with a bullet button. There are various ways to comply with California laws without registering your guns.

Kewl, I personally do not like the pistol grip on rifles. Those might actually get me to consider an AR, though I would prefer a straight grip to the semi pistol grip.

Boolit Master
    I suspect their latest CA gun control trick is the micro-stamping of a serial number on the firing pin and maybe serialized cartridges. If I remember correctly that goes into effect next year. Thus many gun manufacturers will likely stop sending guns to CA to be sold. I cannot see how micro-stamping will last more than a few shots before the firing pin tip wears it off. Or even having a micro-stamp in the chamber for that matter. At present if the court appeals and lawsuits get finished then they would enforce it. But so far it doesn't look good for the 2A in CA. If CA wins you can bet they will want it on rifles and shotguns too.
    ref http://lawcenter.giffords.org/micros...in-california/

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Like a criminal won't just take a bit of emery cloth to the firing pin (if they even care, if it's a stolen weapon why should they give a dang?)

One definition of insanity is doing the same exact thing that's never worked, in the hopes that THIS time, it'll work, for certain...

Boolit Master
    If I just read this correctly, the microstamp is supposed to imprint cartridges each time a cartridge is fired? And this is for firearm control? I just don't see the sense...

It also makes me wonder about reloading cartridges. Pretty soon there would be multiple "imprints" on each cartridge after firing & perhaps even from different firearms, including ones that are fired that don't have such tomfoolery in them. Additionally, what about the "tumbling" process. I do not know how deep "microstamping goes, but it certainly might be "disfigured" perhaps by the tumbling process.

The next issue that comes to mind is just how safe is this microstamping if the rounds are reloaded...

All of those came to mind, just from reading the posts. now I am going to read the article before I actually post this post here, to see if that is addressed there. Without yet reading it, I'd bet those ??s are not.

--------------

No, I do not think they were addressed.

I am sure glad I do not live in that state... Geeeez...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Grand Master

Microstamping = No more reloading.

New Jersey has an even stupider law on the books. Once a "smart gun" is available then non smart guns can no longer be sold. I hope there are enough brainwashed Americans left in the future.

Boolit Master
    There is more about the microstamping here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microstamping

But it doesn't stop one from reloading though. Any imprint on the primer gets discarded with the spent primer. After a few shots, the brass case markings would be smudged a lot then, but the cases are likely still useable.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Earlwb View Post
    There is more about the microstamping here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microstamping

But it doesn't stop one from reloading though. Any imprint on the primer gets discarded with the spent primer. After a few shots, the brass case markings would be smudged a lot then, but the cases are likely still useable.
    Hey! Thanks for the article! I learned a little more here today!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Banned
    It all sounds just great to me. Perhaps then, the last few real Americans left there will leave the loony Blue states/cities and the criminals will be free to rob/loot/rape/kill with no problems.

All liberals would be dead in short order, the criminals would try to invade the red states and we could cull them out of the gene pool.

Boolit Master
    Serial /id numbering of cases etc is one of the strategies of the worldwide gun prohibition movement.Another strategy is response alarming of gun storage.Designed to load the gun owner with massive cost increases.These things seem reasonable to the general public.Every gun owner leaving California weakens the pro gun forces politically.This is the aim ,one step at a time.

Banned
    Yes but the USA, unlike Australia does not have a parlimentary system in which the mob rules.

You were disarmed by the mob of liberals, with our checks and balances it would be far more difficult to disarm us as the guy who deported your ancestors found out at Lexington and Concord.

Your "government" is welcoming the Muslim invaders who are busy setting up a well armed 5th column, infiltrating all your government and military units. When we elect another Obama (as we will) and when (not if) Indonesia decides it needs "lebensraum" you will overrun in a few weeks at most. That's how it works today and always has.
    Ask the folks at Carthage---- oops, can't, they're all dead.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast