Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingRepackboxLoad Data
Titan Reloading

Thread: .308 and the NOE 312290

.308 and the NOE 312290

220gr with my alloy. Sized to .311" Hor. GC and lubed with Glen's black.
    5 shots @ 80 yards did .5"

Rifle is a heavy barrle 700. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1751.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	207223
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Nice work there. How fast were you pushing them and what is the twist in that 700?
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    Nice work there. How fast were you pushing them and what is the twist in that 700?
    I did no have the Chrony with me yesterday. If I had to venture a guess I would say 1800-1900fps
    This rifle has a 10 twist.
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Boolit Master
    Very nice group!
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

Before I adjusted anything on this load, I'd shoot several 10 shot groups and 'read the tea leaves' then.
    It's a bit rough on the nerves going for results like this but if you take it 'one shot at a time', not thinking about the last or next shot...only 'this current' shot you'll getter done.
    The reason I suggest that is that there is more information to be gleaned from 10 shots...you get a much better idea of the load and the quality in your casting and loading, as you prolly already know, there's a myriad of variables to control to get these fine groups.
    You call the bad shots just as soon as you loose them and they don't get considered other than you thinking about what you did to send it wrong and what to do to correct what you just did...
    You will end up doing even better than this...but there certainly ain't nothin wrong with this!
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by OS OK View Post
    Before I adjusted anything on this load, I'd shoot several 10 shot groups and 'read the tea leaves' then.
    It's a bit rough on the nerves going for results like this but if you take it 'one shot at a time', not thinking about the last or next shot...only 'this current' shot you'll getter done.
    The reason I suggest that is that there is more information to be gleaned from 10 shots...you get a much better idea of the load and the quality in your casting and loading, as you prolly already know, there's a myriad of variables to control to get these fine groups.
    You call the bad shots just as soon as you loose them and they don't get considered other than you thinking about what you did to send it wrong and what to do to correct what you just did...
    You will end up doing even better than this...but there certainly ain't nothin wrong with this!
    Good advice. I only had 10 rounds to begin with as it was a test load with a new mold. I will load up a box for the next time out.

Wahoo Waco. Good job.
    Whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    Wahoo Waco. Good job.
    Thanks Popper!