RepackboxInline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ed Freeman

Banned

Ed Freeman

I found this on my computer from a while back and felt it needed to be shared here.

Ed Freeman
    You’re a 19 year old kid. You’re critically wounded, and dying in the jungle in the Ia Drang Valley , 11-14-1965, LZ X-ray, Vietnam. Your infantry unit is outnumbered 8 – 1, and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 or 200 yards away, that your own Infantry Commander has ordered the MediVac helicopters to stop coming in.

You’re lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns, and you know you’re not getting out. Your family is half-way around the world, 12,000 miles away, and you’ll never see them again. As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day. Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter, and you look up to see an un-armed Huey, but it doesn’t seem real, because no Medi-Vac markings are on it.

Ed Freeman is coming for you. He’s not Medi-Vac, so it’s not his job, but he’s flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire, after the Medi-Vacs were ordered not to come.

He’s coming anyway.

And he drops it in, and sits there in the machine gun fire, as they load 2 or 3 of you on board.

Then he flies you up and out through the gunfire, to the Doctors and Nurses.

And, he kept coming back…. 13 more times….. And took about 30 of you and your buddies out, who would never have gotten out.

Medal of Honor Recipient, Ed Freeman, died last Wednesday at the age of 80, in Boise , ID ……May God rest his soul…..

I bet you didn’t hear about this hero’s passing, but we sure were told a whole bunch about some Hip-Hop Coward beating the **** out of his “girlfriend.”

Medal of Honor Winner Ed Freeman!

Shame on the American Media.
    Last edited by Grmps; 11-03-2017 at 09:29 PM.

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    “They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning: We will remember them.”
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Great reminder.

Boolit Master

Now there is a real person, a real Hero! Ed Freeman should have had a chest full of Medals of Honor.
    Ole Jack
    "'Necesity' is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of Tyrants: it is the creed of slaves."
    William Pitt, 1783
    "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we faulter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." Abraham Lincoln.

Vendor Sponsor

These are the type of people that should be on the news and not what we are being pushed.
    I could care less what the car dash ins, Miley smiley or any NFL player has to say
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Rest in peace 'Too tall' Freeman! His 'Medal of Honor' was 30 years too late!

Banned
    May Major/04 "Too Tall" Ed Freeman, USA, Retired, rest eternally in the sheltering arms of The Savior forevermore.

To quote the Good Book, "Thou did well, oh good & faithful servant."

yours, tex

Boolit Master
    RIP Ed Freeman. A true American hero.

Boolit Master
    Once in a while, there is one who shines brighter than the others. Remember him or her, as they are the ones who show us the path to taking care of fellow man or woman without concern for self, & a sense of honor that many a man or woman will not know, ever... in their own lifetime ...

May he be honored for his deeds to help his fellow man, & also R.I.P..

Thanks for sharing his story once again...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Now that is not fake news.

We need more of the good stuff.

People can make a difference, but they often need to be shown the way.
    It is good to remember those who had the courage of their convictions.

RIP Sir!

Boolit Master
    He had true honor and integrity. Shame on the NFL for taking a knee.

Boolit Bub
    an american soldier doing his job as he saw it, brings tears to my eyes.god speed ed.

Boolit Master

There are no words...
    That is why we have a minute of silence on Nov 11 in Canada
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Boolit Buddy

Freeman did not need a chest full of medals.... He had a chest full of heart...

Ed Freeman

Thank you sir. I enjoy hearing about he true hero’s.
    For by grace are you saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph. 2:8,9

Boolit Buddy
    I've never heard of Ed Freeman but I would have been honored to shake his hand. They don't make them like that anymore.

Thank you for posting this. As NFL players take a knee, Ed Freeman takes his place at the right hand of god. I just walked outside and lowered our flag to half mast and I know the topic of my Veterans Day address to the folks of our little town. If anyone has a photo of Mr. Freeman please post it so that I can put his face to his name when I speak. Thanks again, God bless the US of A!

A true Hero

I remember reading that e-mail about Ed Freeman almost 10 years ago when he died.... What an amazing man and a true hero, we all need to keep stuff like this going around....

You don't ever see this kind of thing on the news because it depicts character, patriotism, American Pride, and individualist strength, all of the things modern media and society are trying to program out of youths minds today...

Anyone remember this guy?

Audie Leon Murphy (20 June 1925 – 28 May 1971) was one of the most decorated American combat soldiers of World War II, receiving every military combat award for valor available from the U.S. Army, as well as French and Belgian awards for heroism.

Murphy received the Medal of Honor for valor demonstrated at the age of 19 for single-handedly holding off an entire company of German soldiers for an hour at the Colmar Pocket in France in January 1945, then leading a successful counterattack while wounded and out of ammunition.

Murphy was born into a large sharecropper family in Hunt County, Texas. His father abandoned them, and his mother died when he was a teenager. Murphy left school in fifth grade to pick cotton and find other work to help support his family; his skill with a hunting rifle was a necessity for putting food on the table.

After the attack on Pearl Harbor, Murphy's older sister helped him to falsify documentation about his birthdate to meet the minimum-age requirement for enlisting in the military. Turned down by the Navy and the Marine Corps, he enlisted in the Army.

He first saw action in the 1943 Allied invasion of Sicily; then in 1944 he participated in the Battle of Anzio, the liberation of Rome, and the invasion of southern France. Murphy fought at Montélimar, and led his men on a successful assault at the L'Omet quarry near Cleurie in northeastern France in October.

After the war Murphy enjoyed a 21-year acting career. He played himself in the 1955 autobiographical film To Hell and Back, based on his 1949 memoirs of the same name, but most of his roles were in westerns.

He made guest appearances on celebrity television shows and starred in the series Whispering Smith. Murphy was a fairly accomplished songwriter, and bred quarter horses in California and Arizona, becoming a regular participant in horse racing.

Suffering from what would today be termed posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), he slept with a loaded handgun under his pillow and looked for solace in addictive sleeping pills.

In his last few years, he was plagued by money problems, but refused offers to appear in alcohol and cigarette commercials because he did not want to set a bad example.

Murphy died in a plane crash in Virginia in 1971 shortly before his 46th birthday, and was interred with full military honors at Arlington National Cemetery.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Forty Rod Ray View Post
    Freeman did not need a chest full of medals.... He had a chest full of heart...
    Amen brother!!!

This world would be a lot better off with more men of his caliber. A true red blooded American hero.

NFL NOT!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Definitely a good guy!

Stanislav Petrov is another one, from what I can see, I'd probably not be here still if he hadn't said "NYET." a few times... Not everyone's heard of him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_S...alarm_incident

I figure if they'd launched everything a LOT of us wouldn't be here. Good Things Happen, when good people step up - Not the same as Ed Freeman's or Audie Murphy's actions, but, dang, if you were in the USSR's military and looked like a nail, the chances of a hammer falling on you were pretty dang high!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast