Snyders JerkyLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
WidenersRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: No one's said it? Go Astros!

No one's said it? Go Astros!

Been a fan all of my life. It is surreal.

NFL, Eat lead, die, rot, and smell bad. You screwed yourself. Won't miss ya.

Yeah I'm happy they won a world series title especially taking it from the Dodgers
    The only thing we are afraid of is our own abilities once you get to the point where you don't care about your abilities they become limitless

Boolit Master

I didn’t want to be the first but yeah, YEA ASTROS! Been watching them in person since they were the Colt .45s.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Buddy
    I'm glad they won, happy to see it.

Boolit Grand Master

And to think. They only had to change leagues to finally win one. I hate all LA teams so I was glad to see them lose. That's all I have to say on the matter.

Boolit Master

they went! honestly didnt know they still existed. good for them finally winning the big one.

Not being a smart aleck, but a hurricane preceded New Orleans winning the Super Bowl; coincidence? Congrats to the 'Stros!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jr. View Post
    Yeah I'm happy they won a world series title especially taking it from the Dodgers
    I couldn't have said it any better
    "Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him, he ain't wrong he's just different and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right"
    Ed Bruce

Vendor Sponsor

They had a lot of energy and charisma the whole series. I am glad to see them win. The Dodgers on the other hand *have* what it takes to take the game away from them, but they looked tired and unconcerned the whole last game. They might have done much better if they hadn't started with the wrong pitcher, Houston had the game won by the 2nd inning.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    Very good series, it could have went the other way but the LA team could not get the hits to bring runners on base to home plate. The Astros played with a lot of heart and never gave up, they just played and played the game.

Boolit Grand Master

In 1966 my daddy took the family on a vacation , the high point was an Astros game in the new Astro Dome...billed as " The Eighth Wonder of the World" . I was 11 my brother 6 and had never seen anything like it ...we saw our first big league game ! I was an immediate diehard fan .
    They played the Cubs and the thing I remember is the stadium sat in the middle of pasture and hay fields, there were no other buildings for a mile around....but plenty of parking lot !
    Watched them win there first .. I've been a fan a long time and glad they won !

Alex Bregman....an LSU Tiger helped, he was excited ...GEAUX ALEX! GEAUX ASTROS! Congratulations!
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    Great post season! Fun series! Game 7 against the Yankees might have been the best game I have ever seen? The 18 inning game that sent the braves home back in 200_? Was very specal also We had just gotten our power turned back on after 29 days ( hurricane Rita )

I would have given the MVP to Bergman but what do I know?
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Boolit Grand Master

It was awesome baseball for sure. Being a diehard Yankee fan I wasn't sure which team to route for but the attitude and spirit of the Astros won me over by the 2nd inning of the 1st series game.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David2011 View Post
    I didn’t want to be the first but yeah, YEA ASTROS! Been watching them in person since they were the Colt .45s.
    Yeah! Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    They had a lot of energy and charisma the whole series. I am glad to see them win. The Dodgers on the other hand *have* what it takes to take the game away from them...
    Ummm...NOT! If they could have, they would have. Sorry, that's just how it is.
    USMC 6638

Boolit Grand Master

I enjoyed the "Series" even though I did not have a favorite team in it. I could not help but notice that all of the players stood for the National Anthem!

In Remembrance
    I am not a great pro baseball fan, but since I lived a large part of my younger life in the Houston area, I was double surprised to hear they made the world series, my recollection is they were never even a contender. It was always said like the oilers, they depended on the astrodome to draw the crowds back in them days.

When was the Astros the Colt 45's ???

Quote Originally Posted by starmac View Post
    When was the Astros the Colt 45's ???
    1962 to 1965. In 1965 they changed names to Astros in alignment with the inauguration of the Astrodome.