Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyPBcastcoLoad Data
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Wideners Repackbox

Thread: marlin model 60 new.

Boolit Master

marlin model 60 new.

I have given my sons and's grand kids my old model 60 so went to Academy Sports and got one $158, went to the range put a couple of boxes through it . flawless fast and slow,good plinker.o
    Frank G.

Good to hear. At least Marlin can still build a Model 60

Congrats Freightman. Mine's a Remlin, but it works great with Blazers and Golden Bullets. They had some issues during the transition that seemed to have been resolved. So much inexpensive fun. I have a 10/22, and I really prefer the M60 tube magazine. Only complaint is that it's a little more difficult to clean than the 10/22.

I don't know about now, but the model 60 was the #1 selling rifle in the world for years. Great .22s and my wife wouldn't trade hers for a Cooper.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Glad to hear it.

I've been looking for a cheap .22 rifle for popping squirrels, and think I may have to get one...
    Chris

Μολὼν λαβέ

"Si vis pacem para bellum"

Boolit Master
    I refinished a Glenfield 60 for a friend in college. It was his fathers and at some point my friend had acquired a lot of water damage in the stock and rust on the barrel. I took it and spent a week on the wood and a week on the barrel including replacing the buffer in the action and repainting the receiver. I regretted not offering to buy it. Bought my very own Remlin 60 this year for $110 off the shelf. I stripped the wood, Tru-Oiled it, set sling studs, and topped it with a 3-9x40 Sweet 22 scope. It drills dime groups at 25yds with a bipod and CCI SV, about a quarter at 50yds with same ammo. It is soooo much fun! Shouldn't have waited ten years to get one. Now I'm on the hunt for a Squirrel stocked 60 and a mid 80's long barrel 18 shot last shot hold open Model 60.

Yep, paid $125 total for a mid-80's long barrel 18 shot hold open Model 60, that I can roll golf balls down the range. At least close to 50 yards open sights that I can hit them. What a perfect full size 22 plinker. Still have not put it on paper but it has to be as accurate as others say.