Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad Data
Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Anybody make an M style Dillon powder funnel?

Anybody make an M style Dillon powder funnel?

Title says it all. I recently acquired a used 9mm Square Deal B. I would really like a powder funnel that has the same dimensions as a Lyman M die. From what I've gathered on forum searches, the Mr Bulletfeeder funnel may not expand quite as much as a Lyman M die. Do we have a resident machinist on the forums making custom powder funnels? I see one guy on eBay used to make them, but he only has a .40 cal listed and doesn't respond to messages. I'm looking for something like this but in 9mm:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/40-S-W-M-st...%257Ciid%253A1

Boolit Master
    I have the 9mm Mr Bulletfeeder powder funnel and I love that thing! I wished I had bought it sooner than I did. Its not cheap but it really improves your cadence running the press. I wouldn't call it the Dillon equivalent to an M-die but its superior to the original unit.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Bub
    I have made a few. My .357's and .44's run much better with the custom funnel/expander. I used drill rod, and heat treated them. I'll send pics if anyone is interested.

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Mytmousemalibu View Post
    I have the 9mm Mr Bulletfeeder powder funnel and I love that thing! I wished I had bought it sooner than I did. Its not cheap but it really improves your cadence running the press. I wouldn't call it the Dillon equivalent to an M-die but its superior to the original unit.
    Any problems with 9mm sized to .357 sized cast boolits? On my rockchucker, before I got an M die I was having concentricity problems, bulged brass, and case gauge failures. Also was swaging down my boolits a little. If mrbulletfeeder prevents this stuff then it will be good enough for me.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by retrobass View Post
    Any problems with 9mm sized to .357 sized cast boolits? On my rockchucker, before I got an M die I was having concentricity problems, bulged brass, and case gauge failures. Also was swaging down my boolits a little. If mrbulletfeeder prevents this stuff then it will be good enough for me.
    I have a variety of .38/.357 boolits including some plated an J-words, when I get off work tonight ill cycle a few pieces through and do a little checking and report back.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

Accuracy, Power & Speed

Boolit Master
    I checked the fit of some .38/.357 bullets and anything .358 or smaller will enter the case. I didn't have anything that mic'd .359 to try but .360 wouldn't go at least where I had the powder funnel set at. Now that funnel might be adjusted deeper to change the results but this being on my match ammo toolhead, I really didn't want to disturb the settings.

Hopefully that helps you out!
    ~ Chris

Accuracy, Power & Speed

It certainly does, thank you!