Load DataLee PrecisionInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything

Thread: Looking for Nosler bullet info

Boolit Master

Looking for Nosler bullet info

I know this is a cast bullet forum BUT...In a box of reloading equipment and supplies I picked up years ago, the Nosler bullets on the right in this photo were included. At $14 and change per 100, they had to have been purchased long ago by the original owner. They are very accurate, almost as accurate as the Ballistic Tips in the photo I've included as a comparison. They have an exposed lead tip as opposed to the plastic tip on the BTs. Has anyone had any experience with them on game? Is their performance similar to that of the BT?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20171102_091847.jpg  
    Maineboy

Super Moderator

I have used them, and still have a partial box of the exact same bullet you have. They work fine for hunting. Performance on game is equal to the ballistic tips in my experience. I think the box I have was purchased in the late 80's, not exactly sure when Nosler phased them out and replaced with the BT.

Boolit Master
    Jacketed soft points are very good Bullets. They have been taking game long before the new wiz bang plastic tip, new and improved models came out. Prices were reasonable. For the average joe shooter, hunter these are fine bullets. I'm sure shooting records at distances were made with these because that's all there was. You'll see posts where the "Old" Remington soft points are deemed the most accurate in 30-30's, 35's and still in high demand.
    Use what's best fer you, shot placement trumps all.

Best to ya this hunting season,
    Mike

Boolit Master
    I recently sold some of those bullets on this site. The solid bases I had were from the late 70s, and were priced about 8.00/box when I bought them. I shot a few deer with the 150 gr. version way back when, and they did well. They would penetrate the smallish deer (100-120 lb field dressed) I was hunting, and they were pretty accurate in the .308 I was using. They must be good for other people because I had a couple of extra inquiries about mine, and I was prompted to sell them because of people on this site and others not having any trouble selling them.

Boolit Grand Master
    my take on the is the same as most of the above
    Nosler makes good accurate bullets and should be considered
    to be among the best bullet performance on game has never let me down
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    I loved the solid base Nosler 95gr. spitzers in my 6mm Rem. Very deadly on whitetail deer.