RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
WidenersInline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: WTB components for 100-200 rounds of 45 ACP shotshells.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance

WTB components for 100-200 rounds of 45 ACP shotshells.

(This month is "Spend a bunch of money on taxes on varminting items, so not tons will be left over" month. I'll make sure I can get these, tho, the $$ amounts here are hopefully not TOO large. Paypal F&F or USPS PMOs can probably be done.)

WTB:
    about 3.1 pounds of #8 or #9 Shot (A bit more than enough for 200 loads at ~104 grains per load) Mixed or something should be OK.
    200 Remington SP-410 Wads
    200 .375 gas checks (I can probably expand a .357 shell casing or neck down a .40 casing, and cut thick plastic from milk jugs, or something, instead of the gas checks. Or try Aluminum GCs. This is the least critical of these items.)
    100 .308 / .243 / .25-08 brass cases, cheap is great; Mixed headstamps are fine - Neck cracks are even fine. No head separations tho please LOL

Making 200 rounds of 45 ACP shotshells. I had more than that, lost a lot of stuff due to a family member becoming a PAIN. The first 100 are the "critical" ones on these, I have 100 cases and powder and primers, just no GCs wads or shot that I can FIND yet. I have the 2 separate RCBS die sets, if you want to trade my forming cases for you w/ those dies as part of the payment, we "probably can arrange it" Rock Chucker's on the way here but worst case the Lee Hand Press will do these.

Probably have the GCs and Wads, but they're seemingly not in the box they SHOULD be in, so till I find that... I figure 200 is a LONG time supply, I tend to do that - tho not a lifetime's worth. So I'll use these up and reload I did spot 1 lonely round of this here, but that's not enough. People always want to see what this does Couple months and I'll buy a bag of wads and shot and so on, so the worst that can happen is that I load up varminting ammo before these

Thanks -

Mark

Boolit Master
    Send me a PM, pretty sure that I have the brass for you and maybe the shot but need to check. Was going to buy some wads and GC’s to try this out myself, haven’t figured out if I need the forming dies or if I can make it work with 41mag dies, but if you decide to get rid of a set of forming dies pls let me know.

Boolit Master
    i can fix you up with 8 or 9 shot.

I'll give you folks a day to check, just checking back in but dragging here as it's lots later than planned. I'm getting some good things done, slowly, good enough

Boolit Master
    Mr_Sheesh, sending you a pm

Boolit Master

Mr Sheesh,

Are these going to be for a revolver or auto? The reason I ask is I have about 50 .308 cases that I cut and sized to fit a 1917 Smith that I don't need. Don't have the Smith anymore. The brass is just shy of being as long as the cylinder, but is sized so it'll fit both the chamber and the throats.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Catshooter, Autoloader. I think I'm now set up, but maybe someone else would need these as shotshells are pretty popular

Boolit Master

I also make the 45ACP shotshells and have found that when you form the 308 brass for them, the walls are too thick and you destroy more wads then keep. I stick to either 243 or 270 brass, they are more gooder
    Gun Control means hitting what you aim at!

Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    Life Member of the NRA
    Life Member of the Disabled American Veterans Association

Quote Originally Posted by 1_Ogre View Post
    I also make the 45ACP shotshells and have found that when you form the 308 brass for them, the walls are too thick and you destroy more wads then keep. I stick to either 243 or 270 brass, they are more gooder
    You should form your neck after installing powder and wad. This way the wad is not deformed and the integrity of the gas seal is not compromised. To insert the wad after forming requires a tapered wad guide.
    Your Feedback is appreciated
    Johnny V
    NRA Benefactor
    Member OGCA & GOA
    CCW OH & PA

Double posted
    Your Feedback is appreciated
    Johnny V
    NRA Benefactor
    Member OGCA & GOA
    CCW OH & PA

I've never destroyed a wad, odd. I'll see if I can figure out my trick, its been so long that it'll be a muscle memory thing or I'll have to figure out what I did by using the advances head-scratching techniques taught in skool :P Reloaded a fair number of these, I do put a little bit of a chamfer on them so maybe that helps.

Boolit Master

If you form the neck AFTER installing the wad, then you also have to trim/chamfer. Easy to mess up the wad that way so I do ALL case forming steps, then install the wad. Haven't messed up one yet
    Last edited by 1_Ogre; 11-08-2017 at 07:54 AM.
    Gun Control means hitting what you aim at!

Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    Life Member of the NRA
    Life Member of the Disabled American Veterans Association