Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2WidenersInline FabricationReloading Everything
Repackbox

Thread: C&R sales?

C&R sales?

I didn't know where to post this so here goes, I want to sell two guns that fire but are "gunsmith specials". They are both on the C&R list. Can I ship them directly to the C&R license holder? Do I need a copy of his license?
    Thanks, Thomas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Yes, he sends (or emails) copy of his C&R license; you mail direct to him. Deal complete.

What are you parting with TX by God?

Actually the answer is Maybe. It depends on your State laws and the buyer's State laws. So long as the buyer is in a State that allows it you can ship from TX as a private person to a C&R FFL. Some States do not allow it, it must come from an FFL (01, 02, 06, or 07).
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

Thanks guys. I've put in a call to BATFE but who knows when they'll call back!
    Map55b- it's a Winchester 1911 SL shotgun and a Czech she VZ52 rifle- in the S&S section.
    Best, Thomas.

Boolit Grand Master

I do believe it is the buyer's responsibility to know his state laws and follow them.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    You do need to send a copy of your state ID or DL.

In Remembrance

If it's not one of the "commie" states exchange c&r licences and ship direct. I have done this several times and receives them the same way.
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

The buyer has a C&R; I do not. I live in Texas; He lives in Connecticut. The buyer says he hasn't had problems but I'm wary of the Northeast. I appreciate the responses, keep them coming!

Boolit Grand Master
    Ask him for his first three and last five of his FFL. Then go to the Batfe site and the FFL EZ check to verify that it is a current, valid license.

You might have to call CT to find out if shipping to a C&R is OK
    Last edited by rockrat; 11-03-2017 at 12:21 AM.

He is sending a copy of his C&R license.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

C&R not on line for check at atf as it is a collector ffl not commercial If I recall correctly.

You will have to call Atlanta atf licensing and they will say if it is current.

Boolit Grand Master

I would enclose a copy of his C&R and take another copy along when you ship it after you confirm it's legal to ship to him. If you're shipping USPS the clerks often need reassuring or educating. And yes, he will need your ID or other identifying information for his log.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    I would enclose a copy of his C&R and take another copy along when you ship it after you confirm it's legal to ship to him. If you're shipping USPS the clerks often need reassuring or educating. And yes, he will need your ID or other identifying information for his log.
    You are not supposed to tell USPS you are shipping a firearm, according to BATF rules. If they ask, report them.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    You are not supposed to tell USPS you are shipping a firearm, according to BATF rules. If they ask, report them.
    News to me, they always seem to know what it is when I ship one. Will keep that in mind. One even told me I had to ship it priority. I told her she was wrong but I was pressed for time and it wasn't such a bad deal. Supervisor was not available, of course.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

WRONG!!!! In fact, you have to report it, in fact there is a specific form that needs to be filled out called a PS 1508 (the form only applies to dealers; however you still have to declare it to the USPS upon shipment, the form only bypasses the need for the local USPS clerk to open and inspect the package)
    If it is not declared that you run the risk of being prosecuted. I'm not sure who told you not to report it, but they are 100% in the wrong. I'm an FFL have been for years and I've NEVER been told by any agent of the BATFE not to declare to anyone. In fact quite the opposite. When you ship by any common carrier you are supposed to declare it, although only the USPS has the authority to compel you to be prosecuted for not doing so, the others (UPS, FedEx, DHL) can do no more than refuse a shipment or refuse to cover the insurance.
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

Boolit Grand Master

What you are not supposed to do is have any identifying marks or labels that indicate it's a gun. That's different from not declaring.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by reed1911 View Post
    WRONG!!!! In fact, you have to report it, in fact there is a specific form that needs to be filled out called a PS 1508 (the form only applies to dealers; however you still have to declare it to the USPS upon shipment, the form only bypasses the need for the local USPS clerk to open and inspect the package)
    If it is not declared that you run the risk of being prosecuted. I'm not sure who told you not to report it, but they are 100% in the wrong. I'm an FFL have been for years and I've NEVER been told by any agent of the BATFE not to declare to anyone. In fact quite the opposite. When you ship by any common carrier you are supposed to declare it, although only the USPS has the authority to compel you to be prosecuted for not doing so, the others (UPS, FedEx, DHL) can do no more than refuse a shipment or refuse to cover the insurance.
    I was told by a BATF guy out of Great Falls.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    I was told by a BATF guy out of Great Falls.
    He was as usual wrong!! Their agents most have no clue of their own rule or law.

May not be made to mark a package as a firearm is the law.

C&R cannot use the USPS to mail a handgun that is for a dealer or manufacture.

The 1508 form is required for a handgun shipment and you are certifying you are a dealer or manufacture and the shipment is to another license holder. Not providing that form is a felony by the way and an easy one for the postal agent.

C&R can ship fedex or UPS their rule is next day air that way their own employees have a shorter time to steal them.