Inline FabricationLoad DataSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2WidenersLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: Loading for the Marlin 336SS - New to me

Loading for the Marlin 336SS - New to me

Well a deal came up i could not pass on, Marlin 336SS 30-30 less than 50 rds for $300

From what i have read so far it's 10 twist with micro groove but i'm not sure how i should size my saeco 315 boolits.
    Being a micro groove i'm thinking .309 instead of .310

I shoot this boolit in my 308 with great results in my Tikka T-3 sized .310 at 1850-1900 fps.

Dose this sound right to you that load for the micro groove barrels ?

Also i'm going to put a scope on and it came with a offset hammer something or other and i'm not sure what it's for or goes.

Any help for me ?

Boolit Grand Master

Microgroove barrels typically work better w/ larger diameter bullets. As an example the 35cal microgroove rifles I have all work best w/ .360 bullets. You will most likely find it prefers fatter bullets.

BTS, The Saeco #315 was the most accurate CB design for my ca. 1992 Marlin #336, .30-30Win. I tried it at .310" and .311", but found that bbl. (Micro-Groove) liked .310" best. Btw, the second most accurate CB was Ly. #311466 also @ .310".

Boolit Master
    I don't think they made a microgroove in stainless. Does it say microgroove on the barrel? If it doesn't, it isn't a microgroove.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Guide gun & XLR are not MG, the rest are. I use 311 for mine. Push a tight patch down the bore and see if there are loose spots. If so you probably need 311 and hard alloy. That hammer spur is neat but comes loose very easily. Forgot where I put mine. - maybe I lost it. No problem with scope.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

Mine shoots great at .310
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia