RepackboxReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline Fabrication

Thread: pig shooting with BO pistol.

pig shooting with BO pistol.

Attachment 206494
    Buddy wanted this taken but was his pig (2 in the trap & I got distracted when he got this one). Another black one ran to the right of the mesquite trees. I first hit him in the clear patch behind me, then he turned left at the trees and I got a 5th shot at a dark spot left of the tree- a 'hail mary' but there is 50yds of brush then 400 yds plowed fields - a safe shot. I think I got him 3 times before the tree - we tracked & found several 2" blood wipes on the johnson grass just before the trees. A run goes to the left behind the trees - didn't go far as I was wearing tennis shoes and there are rattlers around. Buddy has boots so we looked for 20 min but lost. Anyway, load was 16 gr. 1680 under 185gr RD GC style soft cast boolit.
    Had the 30/30 & a couple soft alloy loads (185gr like 041, 16 gr 2400) so I tested on this one. Shot in the shoulder area, no exit but broken shoulder. Shot in the gut in front of rear legs and got 45 sized exit.
    Whatever!

In Remembrance
    Sounds like a good advertisement for a 45/70. lol

Way to go, Popper! Only 4 billion more pigs to shoot so keep going!
    I'm still waiting for my first CB pig kill. Good on you.
    Best, Thomas.

Boolit Master

I have always had better luck at shooting a pig in the bud of the ear and have killed them with everything from a single shot 22 to a 12 ga with buck shot.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Buddy
    I really like a 35 Rem with a 200 gr. RCBS cast bullet for pigs. I have 300 BO guns but just don’t think cast has enough steam for ethical shooting at game. Maybe in a trap but not loose.

No doubt the bigger bores would do the job. We only see the tail end of them. We did put 3 40SW to the head to finish the brown one, legs still kicking after those. If we'd had only one in the trap I'd have tried a passing shot at it but with 2 we were next to the trap. This is extermination hunting but don't like a bad kill. It does happen. First one I got was with 40SW @ 25 yds, pass through end to end. He still ran 50 yds. I do have the 185gr GC to try next time in the carbine when we get his elevated box stand put back together but I think he's going to drop it down to 6' vs the 16' it was at.
    Whatever!

Boolit Buddy
    Nice pig. I am glad to see I am not the only one that hasn't put a handguard on their BO pistol!
    NRA Life Member
    "Those who sacrifice essential liberty for temporary safety are not deserving of either liberty or safety." - Ben Franklin, 1776
    Vis Sis Mis!

Banned

popper did you see the Pigman's last show shooting pigs from a copter with 12 gauge shotguns? They killed a LOT of pigs!!

I've seen chopper shoots with 12 & 223. Nice if you have the land and a pilot's license. I have a hand guard but it keeps coming off and adds to weight. Really not needed. Buddy never shot one and once he figured out you DON"T put the buffer tube on your shoulder he (&I) were shooting 1x3 groups @ 50 with the SeeAll sight. Sitting on the ATV seat and leaning against the seat back. I found the SeeAll fast to acquire, just put the top of the triangle on target & fire. Cheek weld is not that important.
    Whatever!

Boolit Grand Master

Sounds like the lost piggy is probably a dead piggy by now so it's all good. Coyotes, vultures, (and other pigs) need to eat too.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Yea, we towed the recovered one to the other end of the property to avoid tainting the trap area. I did test the load in BO carbine yesterday @ 50. CFE blk and my soft alloy ( same as I tested on the pigs). GCd and 2x BLL on the 182gr. I did try 18 gr but it was compressed, maybe the high shot? Left 2 were after trying some PB with the same load. Barrel is probably leaded. anyway, accurate load.
    Attachment 207174
    Whatever!