RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
Lee Precision Wideners

Thread: Short lane caliber adapter for Taurus judge

Boolit Buddy

Short lane caliber adapter for Taurus judge

I was just wondering if anyone has experience with the short lane caliber adapters for the Taurus judge . I watched some vids on you tube of a guy shooting 9mm from a Taurus judge . they also make the adapters in 22lr,38spl,and 32h&r . there all smooth bore so I'm not expecting pin point accuracy but I still thought it was a neat idea for close range plinking so I ordered a set in 9mm .if I like them I may order a set in 38 SPL later on .

I don't have a judge, but I do have some experience with a 9mm adapter for .410.

Short ones are IMO probably not worth messing with.

Your better off downloading .45 colt loads.

Long rifled ones have I think some potential in a shotgun. Like a .45acp 16" long and rifled.
    I have not shot it yet, need to do some testing with it. But it has the potential at least to put 2 in the same paper plate.

The short one even at close range, I think a rabbit at 25 yards would survive 4 out of 5 shots. 3 for sure.

The one advantage they would give is in a SHTF scenario if you had 2 or 3 in the most common calibers. You'd always be able to find something you could shoot. Might not hit much at range.
    But at close range they would do the job.

9mm, .357, .45acp to go along with .45colt and .410 shotgun could in theory at least make a judge at least interesting.

Boolit Master
    I have a S&W Govenor and have good results with rimmed 45 ACP brass. Shot a lot of 45 Colt and 444 Marlin loaded as 410 shot shells. The 444 Marlin is loaded with a lot of different shot sizes.
    Have had good results with # 4 buck shot with 7 1/2 shot together. Use 4 of the #4 buck shot with 7 1/2 between each of the buck shot balls. The load is good for small game at close ranges. Have killed a few rattle snakes and copper heads with the load.
    Shoot the Govenor a lot at the range and deer lease.

The non rifled adapters aren't very good past point blank. My non rifled 22LR out of my 20 gauge is all over the place and key holes out past 10 yards. I can see using one on a trap line to dispatch an animal up close,but past that it's a **** shoot.

On the other hand my rifled 5 inch 38 Special adapter out of the same 20 gauge does quite respectable out to 25 yards and could be much better with a better sighting system. I am using the bead front sight.

Let us know what you think of the adapters you bought.