MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Repackbox Load Data
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: CCW pocket gun accuracy.

Boolit Buddy

I have a Ruger LC9 and it is very ammo sensitive. When I first shot it I was very disappointed in the accuracy as it was all over the place even as close as 7 yards. Then I tried some Win Silvertips I had laying around and a 124 lead round. Both were more accurate and very reliable. I don't know if it is the short barrel but it definitely has its likes and dislikes when it comes to ammo. I don't know if this applies to other short barreled pistols but I would not be surprised if it did. YMMV

Boolit Man

Gents,

To me, "civilian concealed carry" means pocket guns.

Just about anything larger pretty much requires wearing an outside upper garment long enough cover a waist-belt holster or a shoulder holster. And removing that upper garment for any reason usually means the handgun becomes visible.

Thus, my concealed-carry guns are pocket-sized -- read that "tiny" -- but that doesn't mean they are inaccurate. I have such pistols in 2", 2 1/2" and 3" barrels, firing .22, .380 and 9/19mm cartridges.

I'm pleased to report that all will group in 3-inches or under, two-hand offhand, at 15 yards.

I'm also pleased to report that all are also far more likely to be used for head-shooting sitting rabbits than for any more serious purpose. I'm confident in their accuracy, though, should a more serious purpose arise.

Happy trails,

-- Cary Gunn --

Why would anyone want a ported CCW gun? You want flash and flames coming up the front of the gun in a very likely low light and possibly close up "from the hip" situation? If you're 25 yards away from a shooter in a mall, first of all, that top group will still hit the shooter, secondly, you don't need a mouse gun at 25 yards you need that accessory rail for something else:

All Glocks should be so accessorized!

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234