Lee PrecisionRepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Inline FabricationPBcastcoMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: Henry .22 Magnum lever action

Boolit Master

Henry .22 Magnum lever action

I picked up a Henry lever action in .22 Magnum recently, I got the 20 inch octagon barreled rifle, and having not owned one before, I can see why these are so popular. The action is smooth, the fit and finish of the gun itself is excellent. I found it doesn't like the 30 grain V-max rounds, they tend to keyhole and the group opens up, but it loves the CCI 40 grain JHP's, the 3 shot group at 25 yards is pretty tight and I was whacking clay pigeons set up at 125 yards with ease with the open sights. This is another gun I plan on getting out this winter once deer season is over for coyotes at close range and foxes/ raccoons.

Whatever cannot be remedied, must be endured.

Nice! I might consider a Henry in .22lr or magnum (most likely magnum) because most .22's are tube loaded anyway so that wouldn't be so offensive to me. But centerfire leverguns are supposed to have a loading gate in my opinion. For that reason I'll never have a Henry in a larger caliber than .22, just my opinion and I'm not alone.

But a .22mag levergun does sound appealing! I have plenty of .22lrs.

The Henry rifles are very smooth and the 22 magnum is one of my favorite rounds. I am very please with my Henry BBS 357 and 45. I prefer the loading tube, much easier that any of the Marlins I have...and yes I have more the two. Haven't had to reload in an Injun fight yet. So not being able to load on the run doesn't bother me..

Boolit Master

Great caliber. None of the three I owned (just one now) would shoot the ultra high velocity light round either. Enjoy! It will take all the animals mentioned above handily at 100 yds.
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Moderator Emeritus

I have a Yellow Boy in .22 L.R. and it is butter smooth very accurate....love their guns and plan on adding some more to the stable!
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

My nephew leaves his octagon barreled one here ad he wonders where his shells go.........

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk