Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Wideners

Thread: NOE HTC310-247-FN-BO3 (Grooveless Blackout Bullet Mold)

NOE HTC310-247-FN-BO3 (Grooveless Blackout Bullet Mold)

NOE just finished a run of their 300 blk bullet mold without any lube grooves (designed to be coated with HiTek or Powder coat). The RG version comes with multiple hollow point pin options. It is available now here:

http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.php?cPath=84_520

And they included a load data sheet here:

http://noebulletmoulds.com/rd/30Cal/..._BO3_300BO.pdf

My guess is that 10 gr of A1680 is going to be a good starting point for subs--need to work up or down from there.

Boolit Mold
    Bought this morning. Had a snag in my order, and Al graciously set me straight. Super happy with service, and was lucky enough to catch this run in time. If you're on the fence, don't know of an option for a sub 300BLK HP better than NOE's. Super stoked!

Take a look at the expansion possible if done up right (bottom of page): http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/view...98341&start=20

A few more in stock before they're gone!

Boolit Buddy

Ordered mine this morning...can't wait. But between that and the .44 grooveless mould I just got I'm going to need to find a better lead supply.

Cornmastah, I looked at the NOE load chart and almost all those loads are supersonic. I thought the idea of the bullets in this weight were so they would be sub-sonic and therefore quieter in 300 BLK guns with suppressors.

Boolit Mold
    Since there's not been a response to your question as of yet, let me try to address this for you.

There are a lot of variables to keep in mind. For starters;
    -barrel length: the projections attached here were conservatively run with a 20" barrel. I would bet my money on the fact that you don't shoot a 300BLK 20" barrel. If you do, scale the charge back to get closer to 1050ish. If your barrel length is 20", and since you are most likely not shooting semi-auto, you are not worried about cycling. If you have any less then 20", your fps will be less, most likely in the subsonic category. If you are shooting semi-auto, the art of fine tuning will begin, working up, rather than down in charge. Adjusting buffer, gas block, etc. for functionality from there...
    -case prep, neck tension, case capacity, seating depth, etc: this can get deep, will involve a lot of self study.

When I ran my numbers, knowing fully that I kept my tolerances for the converted 223 rounds within SAAMI specs, measuring case capacity, and correctly having plugged in my specific set of variables into QuickLoad, I came in at 12.7 as my max sub charge for my 8" semi auto. This is not a recommendation for charge, as QuickLoad is usually off, but pretty close. Knowing my gun, and my perimeters, I will start my workup from 11.5gr-ish for my gun. Your gun will be different, along with the many variables to account for!!!

In my opinion, he correctly suggested 10gr-ish as a starting point, chrono, and work up from there if you are unsure of your specifics. His recommendation for 1680 was conservative as it should have been in my opinion.

Again, just my opinion based mainly off of my gun and experience, so proceed with caution.

Boolit Buddy
    I am interested in this mold although I would like to try some before purchasing it. I have the original 311 247 NOE mold and it works "OK" in my rifle. Problem being the bore ride section is a bit fat and requires nose sizing to get reliability. This mold shows it has had the nose diameter reduced and I would like to try some.
    Would anyone be willing to let me purchase a sample of 100 or so to try?
    I would want them with the plain base and uncoated with the large hollow point.
    If willing, please shoot me a PM.

Thanks

Boolit Buddy
    Looking forward to a detailed range report..with load data.

Has anyone run the gamut on this boolit subsonic? I'm looking at it for an 8.5" 1/8 AR suppressed.