MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: 1st bow kill on Arkansas

Boolit Buddy

1st bow kill on Arkansas

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN6001.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	150.9 KB 
ID:	206856 Shot at 730 this morning at 15 yards, From a stand that was put in place 3 days ago. Was in it 25 mins. Before this little guy decided to check a scrape that has been 3 years running. Sometimes it is way better to be lucky than good. All praise be to God for the chance and for the skill to make a clean harvest.- CASTER
    In regards to shooting safety.Until you are ready to fire, keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

That'll be some good eatin'.... Congrats!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Nice one. Congrats!
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    Fresh venison is always good.

USMC 77, USRA 79

Just curious, did you cast a broadhead for the arrow? What alloy did you use? Where did you get the mold???

Awesome job...
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Markopolo View Post
    Just curious, did you cast a broadhead for the arrow? What alloy did you use? Where did you get the mold???

Awesome job...
    No home cast broadhead, however modern gun season is just around the corner. Then the 30-30 will get the nod . 174 gr. Lachmiller RNFP over 19 gr. Of IMR 4198. Can not wait!!!! - CASTER
    In regards to shooting safety.Until you are ready to fire, keep your booger hook off the bang switch.

Boolit Master
    Nice buck, Caster

I get more enjoyment when taking any deer with archery tackle. In the five years I've been in Arkansas, I have taken only two with firearms. One was during muzzle loading season with a ROA. All the rest were with a bow. Try for two bucks per season, never harvested a doe. Even with the three point rule, bucks are easier, they usually travel alone. Less eyes and noses, to alert. Only year I didn't take any, was when I had my first knee replacement, during the middle of November. Not that I didn't have any opportunities, I was being too selective.

Winelover

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks for all the replies. Don't seem like much, but it is a milestone in my hunting career. Been hunting archery on a grand scale here. Came from Pennsylvania 8 years ago. Kinda got spoiled to being able to pattern deer. Where I live here it is next to impossible to get a pattern of a particular buck. A TROPHY to me none the less. - CASTER

Congratulations on your buck. You will always remember the 1st one with a bow. For me, that was 1989. Took me three years to get my 1st with a bow. Almost gave up the sport since it was just too hard to get close enough for a good shot. I have made every mistake in the book but put my time in the woods and now have venison in the freezer each year. At 65, climbing 20 feet in the air is getting a little too scary for me so I am working my way to ground blinds. Last night a took a nice 9 point that dressed out at 225#'s. After the shot I was shaking so bad I thought I was going to fall out of the tree. Glad my son was with me since there wasn't any way I could drag that thing out myself. I was at a Ted Nugent 'meet and greet' a few years back and he was asked what he considered to be a trophy. He replied, "Any deer quartering away at 15 yards". I agree 100%.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The meetings will continue until we find out why we can't get anything done around here. NRA Life Member, Illinois State Rifle Assoc., Chillicothe Sportsmans Club.