Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Wideners
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Repackbox

Thread: WC 820 in 300 Blackout

Boolit Master

WC 820 in 300 Blackout

I've been workings with Quick loads for 300 blackout and have some interesting results, with all loads and barrel lengths for subsonic reloads. Anybody actually put any in use. I'm putting together a custom AR pistol and have been researching load data.
    Bill

Boolit Buddy

Bill,
    I've tinkered with a 200 gr. Lee P.C.d no check,they shoot decent,and cycle next round but are so dirty in a DI AR that 10-15 rounds and your fighting not chambering fully.All the regular powders ,same results.May try seating a fuzz deeper and see what happens.
    "The remedy for evil men is not the abrogation of the rights of law abiding citizens. The remedy for evil men is the gallows." Thomas Jefferson

Boolit Master

just bill
    I have tried WC 820n in my 300 Blk and although I like WC 820n I believe it is a tad to fast burning for supers, perhaps for subs it may work I don't know. In my rifle it took loads where primers were cratering before it would eject. I am currently using Shooters World "Blackout" powder and am very satisfied with it for both supers and subs.

Ken

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by skeet1 View Post
    just bill
    I have tried WC 820n in my 300 Blk and although I like WC 820n I believe it is a tad to fast burning for supers, perhaps for subs it may work I don't know. In my rifle it took loads where primers were cratering before it would eject. I am currently using Shooters World "Blackout" powder and am very satisfied with it for both supers and subs.

Ken
    I'm planning to go most subsonic with a can. All the quickload tells me 820 has a 99% been in the 7.5" pistol barrel at 50-100 yds. If I go super sonic. I'm just wasting power and I have an ar10 to go further and a .458 to hit a lot harder.
    Bill