Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Wounded Bear & the .41-cal; Jackets, velocity & Hard-Cast... the retrieval effort

Boolit Master

Glad this resurfaced. I missed it the first time around...

Ranchman, do your friend who owns the 250 Savage a favor and load him some Barnes Triple Shocks for that rifle. I sure am not going to tell a man to stop using his favorite rifle because it is too small because I have a favorite or 2 of my own and I fully understand but those triple shocks will not blow up and fail to penetrate. Great story btw, glad it turned out without either of you getting bit.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Boolit Master
    Ranchman is the 237 K you used from a NOE mold? I have decided to get one for my self.
    I have a 255 gr lwngc and for a boar hunt I got it to 1300 ish in a 5.5 Rhawk .41. Except for when I shot the edge of a mountain bench, 1st shot, the other three shots were all pass throughs. The first shot hit his right front leg and on into heart area after making a fist size hole in the edge of the bench. He bled a lot but his hair absorbed most all of it. This bullet has a .33 meplat and makes big holes in hide and hair. He was very Russian and weighed 274 #. I think if your 237 was from an NOE mold it has a .31 meplat. Nice shootin Tex, well written.

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by GLynn41 View Post
    Ranchman is the 237 K you used from a NOE mold? I have decided to get one for my self.
    I have a 255 gr lwngc and for a boar hunt I got it to 1300 ish in a 5.5 Rhawk .41. Except for when I shot the edge of a mountain bench, 1st shot, the other three shots were all pass throughs. The first shot hit his right front leg and on into heart area after making a fist size hole in the edge of the bench. He bled a lot but his hair absorbed most all of it. This bullet has a .33 meplat and makes big holes in hide and hair. He was very Russian and weighed 274 #. I think if your 237 was from an NOE mold it has a .31 meplat. Nice shootin Tex, well written.
    The 237 is an NOE, and the meplat is .310" yes. More recently I-too stepped up to a 255gr bullet (but a WFN, not lwngc) that just like yours has got a .330" meplat too, it's also from NOE.
    Last edited by ranchman; 03-22-2021 at 12:50 AM.

Boolit Master
    Ranch I have that 255 NOE already with the hp pins. It is a very good shooter.

I love the 41 magnum, very under appreciated.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234