MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Load DataRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Repackbox Wideners

Thread: Glock magazines very loose

Boolit Buddy

Glock magazines very loose

I really need to figure out the fix on this issue. I have a glock 29, I bought some of the 15 round clips for the glock 20 since it fits in the 29 without any problems. My issue is the clips for glocks are very loose, even the 10 round clip that comes with the pistol rattles when you shake it around. Has anyone done anything to modify this excessive movement? All of my other pistol clips is NOT as loose as this one. I normally like springfield, but since they didn't have any 10mm I decided to go with the glock.

Just in case anyone is going to say that this clip was made for the glock 20, that is definitely the wrong answer. As the 10 round clips that came with the pistol rattles the same way as the 15 round clip. This is something I have never experienced before with all the pistols that I have, plus this is also a first for me when it comes to glock.

Appreciate any feedback if anyone has fixed this in the past. Personally thinking about putting some black tape on the sides of the clip to tighten it up a bit.

Boolit Master

im sure glock makes their magazines that way on purpose. once upon a time glock magazines wouldnt drop free from the gun without being pulled out. they put a metal liner in them, didnt change the dimensions but they no longer swell when loaded. the lack of swelling is my bet why you now have a little wiggle room. it hurts nothing.

Boolit Master

All my mags fit just fine. These clips you speak of I am unfamiliar with.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    I've never heard of this problem with magazines in any generation Glock. I wonder if have a weak mag release spring.

You would be well served to join Glocktalk.com forum to inquire about your magazine problem.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Buddy
    Appreciate the answers guys. I do have the XGrips on the bottom of the mag to fill in the gap for your pinky finger. What I dont get is the 10 round clip rattles the same way as the 15 round clip. I was trying to get in touch with one of the guys at work who is really into glocks to talk to him about this but I havent seen him in a while. All of my other pistols have just a little wiggle room, maybe 1/32 of an inch, but this glock is more like 3/32 of an inch.

Seems like lefty understands what I am talking about. I may just have to get used to it, I know it wont hurt anything its just strange. I will probably head on over to glock talk and see if anyone has mentioned this issue before.

Boolit Master

I've seen people have to forcibly pull their magazines out of Glocks in matches. Be happy your magazines will drop free! Maybe the Glock forums will have more insight on these "clips" of which you speak.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

I dont have a glock at present, but i've carried one for a few years. I dont remember it being rattly. Dumb question, you do have bullets in the magazine dontcha? When loaded, the bullets press against the bottom of the slide and eliminate some play.

Boolit Grand Master
    If the gun runs perfectly.....how much can it matter?

Boolit Buddy
    I have tried the magazines loaded and unloaded and it's the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    I dont have a glock at present, but i've carried one for a few years. I dont remember it being rattly. Dumb question, you do have bullets in the magazine dontcha? When loaded, the bullets press against the bottom of the slide and eliminate some play.

Boolit Buddy
    I have never used the gun, just got it a few days ago and noticed the problem. I got some feedback on how to fix the issue, I will try this weekend and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by 35remington View Post
    If the gun runs perfectly.....how much can it matter?

Boolit Grand Master
    Do not apply any fixes until you see if there is any negative effect from the "looseness." This information is useful in diagnosing the severity of the problem.

Run what ya got. Then remedy if needed or desired.

Boolit Grand Master
    If it ain't broke don't fix it. I have both Glock 20 SF and 29 SF, carry one of them daily and I haven't noticed if the mags rattle around or not. Both pistols run fine with factory ammo and reloads. I only notice most gun quirks when/if they cause operating problems.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks again guys.