Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Inline FabricationWidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Load Data Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will church save you ?

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

Will church save you ?

I was just sitting here thinking ...will church save you ?
    No turning back , No turning back !

In Remembrance

Bro. Boaz, You and I both know that church can save NO ONE. Salvation is by and through the blood of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Free gift, Freely given must be accepted to be obtained. If it is free you can't pay for it because it is already paid for by the blood of Christ.
    Thank God for the Blood!
    Last edited by aspangler; 10-24-2017 at 10:05 PM. Reason: spelling
    Tennessee Hunter Education Instructor

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to
    restrain the people; it is an instrument for the
    people to restrain the government-lest it come to
    dominate our lives and interests"
    Patrick Henry

Boolit Grand Master

No some of the biggest church goers I know are scum. They take being forgiven way to literal. I much prefer people that don't expect to be forgiven.

Only accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior is what saves you

Boolit Master
    I think we all know the answer to that question. However, It doesn't hurt to listen to a good sermon every now and then, but only the blood can wash us clean. Once and forever.
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boaz;

I rarely attend Sunday service.....but I absolutely love my Pastor's sermons. They are recorded.....and I try to listen to them regularly. I am a Christian man...and we are raising our children in a Christian home. What I don't care for is our church and its history, and the absolute resistance to move past the old, and adapt to the new that our children want and need if they are going to be active in the church and continue to do so. We just learned that we spent 5 figures on an organ that only one person in the church wanted....that being the person that plays it. I don't like the same old hymns over and over again.....my kids don't like the same old hymns over and over again.....and we're all tired of standing up and sitting down 25 times in an hour and a half. If the church is going to keep interest...it's going to have to adapt to the wants and needs of people today. None of that changes the message...the message is what it is, but the delivery is dated, and it's starting to show in attendance. My church hasn't gotten there (all 83 of us).....but I won't stop praying for it!
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Master

Nope!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master
    It depends on how you define church.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by aspangler View Post
    Bro. Boaz, You and I both know that church can save NO ONE. Salvation is by and through the blood of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Free gift, Freely given must be accepted to be obtained. If it is free you can't pay for it because it is already paid for by the blood of Christ.
    Thank God for the Blood!
    What Asplander says .... it is your faith and acceptance of Jesus as your personal savior that saves you....the church is a guide to follow and only a guide....but free choice is up to you solely.
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    What Asplander says .... it is your faith and acceptance of Jesus as your personal savior that saves you....the church is a guide to follow and only a guide....but free choice is up to you solely.
    I agree Paul .............it's all about choice .

However ! I don't know where I would be without church . Through bible study , sermons , fellowship and participation I have learned much .Giving praise , offering testimony and hearing others testify as GOD works in their life . Working with others to glorify GOD and increase his kingdom . Seeing others grow in their relationship with GOD . Yea it's helped me learn and understand more than I could do on my own .

If the church is going to keep interest...it's going to have to adapt to the wants and needs of people today.
    The wants and needs of the people haven't changed !!! Catholics used to have guitar mass, Church of Christ took over the Congregational Church I was raised in, now has a lesbian assoc. pastor who is a leader for the rainbow parade in town. They also tore out the pipe organ. Nearby Presby US has another lesbian preacher. Methodist are having the same situations. These the kind of changes you desire? Wife helps with Good News club at G.S.s trying to get Christ back into the secular schools. Seems like we need to get Christ back into the churches too.
    Whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by popper View Post
    The wants and needs of the people haven't changed !!! Catholics used to have guitar mass, Church of Christ took over the Congregational Church I was raised in, now has a lesbian assoc. pastor who is a leader for the rainbow parade in town. They also tore out the pipe organ. Nearby Presby US has another lesbian preacher. Methodist are having the same situations. These the kind of changes you desire? Wife helps with Good News club at G.S.s trying to get Christ back into the secular schools. Seems like we need to get Christ back into the churches too.
    Thank you popper .

2 Timothy 4

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Amen .

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    You must believe in Jesus Christ to be saved
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Church is a place to learn a lot of things . I hadn't even thought about it but when I turned 55 I was told I was 'eligible' for the senior class (Sunday school , bible study or whatever your church calls it .) I was kind of in shock , flags goin up ...I was old . All churches are different on the age groups as to where you are placed (as a rule) . Discovering I was now a 'senior' I dutifully started going to that bible study before the service .

Some of these members were in their 90's , it was a whole new experience ! Although I knew them all I had never really spent time in study with them . I was in good contact , had taught some and active . These folks got there early to get donuts they liked and seldom contributed during a lesson . Pretty laid back bunch .

The man that taught was named Rex , he was a WW 2 vet . I loved Rex , he was a good man . He was unbelievable happy when I join the group and said he needed help . And I helped him all I could .

Rex had to make a lot of notes to stay on topic , but dang it he was determined to teach . I had to get him back on track regularly . A good man , he left to go home bout 6 years ago .

I think roughly one out of five wore hearing aids , half the time they didn't understand what was said . I remember one old guy named James had Alzheimer's , he was picked up and brought to church . He had been getting pretty bad as to comprehension so one of us men stayed with him all the time . We had bible study then went in the sanctuary for the service and I was sitting with him . The pastor started delivering his message and James looked at me at hollered ....I can't understand what the hell he's
    talking about ! Everyone heard it , they understood . Me and a deacon gently lead James back to the fellowship hall and had donuts and talked with him . It was sad , he was a good man . James's family was talked to and someone went to their house every week to gently talk and read verse to James . I attended his funeral .

I have the tendency to tell more stories but anyone that attends church and is active has plenty of stories . All I have learned is a part of who I am . Church has been a blessing to me in many ways .

Church is an experience . Being old I figure I can say that . When I was young I studied the lesson for the week and prepared to debate . But the truth came later . Instead of proving 'my' thoughts I now understand my failings . Acknowledgements of those youthful fails is release , we go from opinion and wanting to be right I understand what is . I understand GOD works differently in all our lives . He created us individually . Experience tending the dying , encouraging the lost , feeling the pain of those suffering , seeing the hypocrites , encouraging the floundering . Mine is not a unique experience , it is a experience we share in our understanding .

I have said too much . But what is said may be worthy of thought . Seek out encouragement but look for those in need , in pain . They will build you . Would I recommend a church ....yes . It will be what you make it , it will be what you give and not so much what you receive .

Super Moderator Emeritus
    It is fascinating to me that everywhere the apostles went the first thing they did was reach a group of folks for Jesus and start a church. Now days folks think they can grow in Christ at home. Seems we forget we need each other and learn from studying together.
    Just my thoughts reading this.

Jim I agree . Salvation may be attainable working on your own . But why would you ? Folks of like mind build and inspire . GOD commissioned Paul , he gave Paul the Damascus road experience to build his church . He commissioned Peter . Before Paul started down that road he had held the coats of those who stoned Stephen to death for his faith . GOD gave us refuge , he gave us others like our self to give strength .
    Last edited by Boaz; 10-25-2017 at 08:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast