Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersReloading Everything
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm dying

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Boaz View Post
    Yes I am dying . It started in 1952 when I was born . I was given a certain amount of days . I'm 65 years old now , dang seems like it went by fast . I have seen a lot , too much it seems at times . Was there and watched my parents die , saw all their brothers and sisters of them put in the ground . My older family is gone now I am the older one .

From my graduating class in high school it seems few remain , Viet Nam , car accidents , cancer , sickness , drugs , suicide . Yea ...it's been a long road . I graduated in 1970 , the first year of integration of schools in Texas ...yea ..I got stories . LOL , my class slogan was ...To success we hold the key ! Graduating class of seventy !

I have struggled with myself more than anyone else . Was raised by two loving parents . Don't remember not going to church , don't remember not hearing GOD's name called daily . We prayed before meals , mom was forever making a cake or macaroni salad to take for an event at church . Dad was always going to the church to work on the plumbing . mow grass . whatever . My parents never cussed , they never drank , lol..we had a half pint of whisky under the kitchen cabinet to make cough syrup in the winter .

Yea it was another world . When I got on my own working in the oilfield I changed . Drinking , language , lifestyle . But to my credit I'll say I never doubted there was GOD . I have never had a spiritual crisis ...I knew right from wrong . I have never denied GOD but I dang sure did what I wanted to .
    I'm glad that your able to pat yourself on the back for a life you have lived so well. Remember that some out there haven't led a life so free of the day to day problems and tribulations. Maybe more time spent in prayer for them might be in order.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 6bg6ga View Post
    I'm glad that your able to pat yourself on the back for a life you have lived so well. Remember that some out there haven't led a life so free of the day to day problems and tribulations. Maybe more time spent in prayer for them might be in order.
    I think what he's saying is despite growing up in a good home he still strayed but kept God in his heart and mind. I think that's s what describes my life too now that I think about it. Thank God for not only second but thousands of chances. Not that my life is in order yet but every day is a chance to learn and grow!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12