Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm dying

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar

I'm dying

Yes I am dying . It started in 1952 when I was born . I was given a certain amount of days . I'm 65 years old now , dang seems like it went by fast . I have seen a lot , too much it seems at times . Was there and watched my parents die , saw all their brothers and sisters of them put in the ground . My older family is gone now I am the older one .

From my graduating class in high school it seems few remain , Viet Nam , car accidents , cancer , sickness , drugs , suicide . Yea ...it's been a long road . I graduated in 1970 , the first year of integration of schools in Texas ...yea ..I got stories . LOL , my class slogan was ...To success we hold the key ! Graduating class of seventy !

I have struggled with myself more than anyone else . Was raised by two loving parents . Don't remember not going to church , don't remember not hearing GOD's name called daily . We prayed before meals , mom was forever making a cake or macaroni salad to take for an event at church . Dad was always going to the church to work on the plumbing . mow grass . whatever . My parents never cussed , they never drank , lol..we had a half pint of whisky under the kitchen cabinet to make cough syrup in the winter .

Yea it was another world . When I got on my own working in the oilfield I changed . Drinking , language , lifestyle . But to my credit I'll say I never doubted there was GOD . I have never had a spiritual crisis ...I knew right from wrong . I have never denied GOD but I dang sure did what I wanted to .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Boolit Master

you about gave me a hartattack with that headline , glad its not emmenate , its not right?

Make sure to check your birth certificate for an expiration date

rancher1913b I'm still here ! Lol we never know when we will go home . But yes sir I'm good till my Lord calls me home .

Boolit Master
    We start dying the day we are born. We all have traveled down different roads in our lives. The journey is the important part as we travel down the road. Retired from the off shore drilling industry at 70 years old. Been all over the world in many different offshore areas. Now at 72 still think about my past work efforts, miss the work sometimes but as time goes by miss working less.

We are all in a state of dying , We will die ...That is a fact , we will die for our sins . Salvation is the question .

Dying

Hey Boaz, I want to expand on "Salvation is the question", and that is , It is a free gift from God. All that has to be done is to accept it. Read where Jesus Christ says that He is the way, the truth, and the light and no man comes to the Father except through me. I am your Senior by 18 years and I have claimed Salvation for 64 years, one year shy of your age. Just sayin
    I was told as you were that I would not live to be 14 years old, things just seem to get better as time goes on.
    Last edited by OldBearHair; 10-24-2017 at 09:54 PM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by OldBearHair View Post
    Hey Boaz, I want to expand on "Salvation is the question", and that is , It is a free gift from God. All that has to be done is to accept it. Read where Jesus Christ says that He is the way, the truth, and the light and no man comes to the Father except through me. I am your Senior by 18 years and I have claimed Salvation for 64 years, one year shy of your age. Just sayin
    Bless you sir ! You have a point that will be discussed . I am happy you have a claim . The way , the truth and the light ..you have it nailed tight .

john 5;16

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

James 5;16

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

I admit I have failed , I have sinned .

I admit my failure . I am a sinner ...I have sinned . Am I never to obtain salvation ?

Quote Originally Posted by bstone5 View Post
    We start dying the day we are born. We all have traveled down different roads in our lives. The journey is the important part as we travel down the road. Retired from the off shore drilling industry at 70 years old. Been all over the world in many different offshore areas. Now at 72 still think about my past work efforts, miss the work sometimes but as time goes by miss working less.
    I worked on land rigs , always wanted to work offshore . Hired out derricks to Loffland Bro's drilling in 76 . Platform was about 60 mile off the coast of Viet Nam . Rig was built in Houston and would be floated to Singapore , they had cranes enough to set up the platform . Would be based out of Kuala Lumpur Malaysia .

Got my shots , passport , paperwork done in June and was suppose to fly out in August . Was working for Luke Grace Drilling in the meantime . Loffland toolpusher called and postponed me leaving twice , I finally asked him what was going on .
    He said Viet Nam gunboats were stationed at the platform would not allow the rig set up . Said they production company was trying to make a deal with em . It never happened .

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by rancher1913 View Post
    you about gave me a hartattack with that headline , glad its not emmenate , its not right?
    ^^^^^^like rancher1913 said......I know we have had this conversation but it is soooo true....thanks Charlie for the info.....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Cardio Doc said my P.M. is good for 10 yrs, then he changed it to 8 yrs. I get a warranty for 3 yrs on the cars, LED lights are good for 15 yrs, I probably am not going to be here then. I don't worry about it.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Funny thing, been buying LED lights for the house as the old lights go out. At 72 the lights should out last me. Bought a new truck last year this should be my last truck unless it gets in a wreck.
    My sons got me on a deer lease this year, they said they are paying me back for all the years I got on deer leases so they could hunt when they were young. Have not killed a deer in many years maybe this year.

Boolit Master
    Im going to take a wild swing and say happy birthday???
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Thank you Ronnie !

Seems to me we all come into this world naked, wet and screaming.

Seems most go out more or less the same way.

Don't live too long Brother! I watched my dad do that.

I think the part many don't get is that when we die, all our stuff stays here. We go elsewhere. So saving up worldy possessions is pretty much an exercise in futility. But I am as guilty as any.

But if we stored up our treasure in Heaven, by faith, by doing good works in his name. I think it will be waiting there for us. Course I can't prove it. But I believe the Lord's promises.

LOL and no I am not giving away stuff yet. Grin.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    "God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now, I am so far behind, ......I wil NEVER die!"

HA.....ha

Banger

Moderator Emeritus

Boaz, it sounds like we had VERY similar childhoods! I was born in Houston in 1947, my parents were born again, Bible believing, 7 day a week, Christians. We attended 2nd Baptist church in Houston until around 1959, when my Dad decided to switch us to a non denominational Bible church in SW Houston. My sister and I accepted the Lord as our Saviour while attending that church.

I firmly believe that their (my Parents and Sis) constant prayers were what kept me safe during my hitch in the Marine Corps.

I'll bet that many "Baby Boomers" like us, have similar childhood stories. Treetop
    "Treetop"
    Sgt. USMC
    1968-71

"Accuracy has a suppressive power all by itself."
    Lt. Gen. George Flynn, USMC

“The Second Amendment was not written to protect your right to shoot deer.
    It was written to protect your right to shoot tyrants…”
    Judge Andrew Napolitano

I agree Treetop !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast