Inline FabricationLoad DataTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dang it, what do I put on my Lyman lube ziser...

Boolit Buddy
    I have found nothing wrong with lbt’s blue lube, sometimes warming my lubricator a bit is necessary but it’s good stuff.

Boolit Buddy
    I think I'll load this one up with Ben's red as a general lube. I'll certainly pan lube some of the other formulations to do test shootings.

What can I say, I like the alchemist side of this as much as shooting

I've been playing around with a beeswax/molly lube used by Glen E. Fryxell. Getting good groups with bright shiny bores. Super easy lube to make. 2 ingredients.
    Beeswax and high pressure moly grease.
    http://www.artfulbullet.com/index.ph...moly-lube.418/
    The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.
    Proverbs 1:7

Boolit Master
    I had the same problem agonizing over which lube to make for my first batch attempt at making my own lube. After studying many lube recipes I choose to make Emmert's Lube - Improved with Lanolin.
    It was fun and easy to make. I got ~23 sticks 1”x4” size poured into my home made 4 stick mold.
    23 sticks will last me several years.

Boolit Buddy

Lubes from Lars.....2700 me too...Carnuba Red

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    Just buy from Lars and save yourself a whole lot of trouble. Any of the lubes he sells will work.
    Any heat to make it flow thru sizer comes from my wifes old hair dryer.......Takes only 3 or 4 min. as required. Works for me. afish4570

Boolit Bub
    Summers in N.E. PA, Winters in Central Florida
    I had a Lyman Luber-sizer for years, and finally gave up on it, because I could never seem to get the lube from Lyman to work right-- it was black colored, and a real mess to work with, cranking the handle to pressurize the lube would either under lube the boolit, or over lube it, and the lube never seemed to cling well to the grooves. Lee Alox/tumble lube is sticky, but consistant, and works well for me--
    Fred (Honcho)

Don1357 just to let you know if you take a pot of real hot water and pore it threw the luber that will clean it out just fine I take my star and put in a pot and do that and let it sit for a while comes out clean D Crockett

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by D Crockett View Post
    Don1357 just to let you know if you take a pot of real hot water and pore it threw the luber that will clean it out just fine I take my star and put in a pot and do that and let it sit for a while comes out clean D Crockett
    Just make sure you won’t need to cook in that pot again. Lol +1 on the hot water cleaning job even with hard caked on lube. Might need to do it twice just to remove lube that collected on the outside finish.
    Enjoy and be safe, Mike

Boolit Master
    Another vote for Lars Carnauba Red, altho when I called him a while back he said the blue doesn't need a heater....and works just as well as the red....
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Buddy

Cleaning old lubefrom sizing machines quick and great results

Quote Originally Posted by Honcho View Post
    I had a Lyman Luber-sizer for years, and finally gave up on it, because I could never seem to get the lube from Lyman to work right-- it was black colored, and a real mess to work with, cranking the handle to pressurize the lube would either under lube the boolit, or over lube it, and the lube never seemed to cling well to the grooves. Lee Alox/tumble lube is sticky, but consistant, and works well for me--
    Fred (Honcho)
    Check posts my 10/17/14 or 07/01/2012 951pm afish4570 makes it real easy to clean out lube without spending alot of time for half a..... results. afish4570

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12