Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackboxWideners
Reloading EverythingLoad DataTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision RotoMetals2

Thread: Looking for help are there any molds for casting .22 for a pellet rifle?

Boolit Buddy

Looking for help are there any molds for casting .22 for a pellet rifle?

Just as the title says I'm looking to see if anyone makes molds to cast .22 pellets. I know you can buy pellets made cheap but I enjoy casting and the closest store that has them is 77 miles away and I like the ability to know that I can make pellets anytime I need them! Thanks.

Boolit Grand Master

On .22 cal pellets you might look into a swaging set up rather than casting. a core mould could be made to cast pure lead cores to swage into the pellet this would give the hollow head and proper weight easily. On a wasp waist desighn casting would leave the head solid and might increase weight. A simple swage set up would swage a hollow based pellet with straight sides and a round or flat nose, Similar to the older shoutgun slugs or Minnie balls. In soft lead and this size a reloading press should do the job easily.

Try NOE their molds are top notch.
    http://noebulletmolds.com/NV/index.p...9s8p2j5f8a5617
    Those who choose violence as a first option are typically confronted by somebody else using violence as a last resort.

Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.

Do not confuse my being polite for weakness.
    Using MX Linux 21

From the free state of Idaho

I have a sharpshooter mold in .22 caliber buckshot. Shoots very very well in my Hatsan 135 Vortex air rifle.

Tighter group than the pellets I buy. Crossman Premier Hollow Points.
    But I can't see the point of paying a nickle or more per pellet when I can cast my own.

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    On .22 cal pellets you might look into a swaging set up rather than casting. a core mould could be made to cast pure lead cores to swage into the pellet this would give the hollow head and proper weight easily. On a wasp waist desighn casting would leave the head solid and might increase weight. A simple swage set up would swage a hollow based pellet with straight sides and a round or flat nose, Similar to the older shoutgun slugs or Minnie balls. In soft lead and this size a reloading press should do the job easily.
    I waited over a year for Corbin to make me a die . Ended up selling all my swag equipment . A issue I had with a 25 cal die and the pure lead was . With most of the barrels being choked the barrel was leading up after a few shoots right were the choke started . Tried to alloy the lead and by the time I got it to about 8 bhn and the leading was stopped the die started to leak and showed signs of ware . Corbin states pure lead only or the die will more than likely be damaged . FPS was around 850 with this problem . Started to cast at this point and forgot about .22 caliber rifles . There is a Noe mold and could be more than one . I believe it is a Bob boat tail . But the barrel twist rate needed to have accuracy is more than most air rifles have from what I have heard .GL.Marvin

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    I have a sharpshooter mold in .22 caliber buckshot. Shoots very very well in my Hatsan 135 Vortex air rifle.

Tighter group than the pellets I buy. Crossman Premier Hollow Points.
    But I can't see the point of paying a nickle or more per pellet when I can cast my own.
    So where did you pick up this mold?

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    What .22 weight do you want to shoot in your air rifle? Also pellets or conicals?
    Regards
    John

Quote Originally Posted by tayous1 View Post
    So where did you pick up this mold?

I thought I would answer your question sense he my not see your question . Sharp shooters buck shoot molds . But their sit is down for repair . Here is their email .Marvin
    sharpshootermolds@gmail.com

Boolit Buddy
    I'm not sure yet I'm looking at this air rifle to be something that can take game.

I have yet to shoot anything but paper with mine. My Hatsan 135 QE Vortex has the power to take game cleanly. The round balls have to be "seated" I tap them in with the plastic handle of a screwdriver. Apparently the big turkish girl likes them tight.

I bought my sharpshooter molds from sharpshooter when he was in business.

It is my understanding that he is an elderly gentlemen, who designed the molds. And had a younger guy actually doing much of the work. That younger guy found a better job elsewhere apparently. Putting sharpshooter molds on hold.

They can sometimes be found on ebay.

Patience and due diligence are what it will take to find one.
    Currently 2 for sale on ebay that I found. A #3 buck and a .690 5 cavity.

ps mine is a size F

PPS Not quite the same but PA does sell gamo round balls for air rifles.
    Last edited by GhostHawk; 10-25-2017 at 08:42 AM.