Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan Reloading
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision

Thread: Scope for .22 Update

Scope for .22 Update

I ordered the Simmons 3 x 9 x 32 scope for my old Marlin model 80 from Amazon. Had high hopes for it. After 7 days had passed and no action on my order from Amazon, I cancelled.

I then ordered the same scope from Walmart and picked it up at our local store in 2 days. Got it home and started examining it and found it was second hand goods. Someone had buggered up the ring holding the objective lens in place and the lens themselves looked funny. Returned it to the store and got my money debited back to the card.

Back to square one.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Boolit Buddy
    Leon,

As we used to say on the farm, if it weren't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all!

I thought most Walmarts carried 3-9 "centerfire" scopes. in stock, for somewhere close to $30 and 1" rings for 22 groove mount for under $10. That way you can look at them before you walk out of the store. Have you checked the shelves or don't you have a Wally world close by.

I have a bunch of 22s. I have Leopold scopes on the ones that I want to do some really serious shooting with, but most carry cheap 1" tube scopes, and the cheap rings. The other thing I like on plinkin 22s are the low end red dots, also carried at Walmrt for under $40.

good luck,

Jackpine

Boolit Master

I had an order on Amazon not long ago that did the same thing, I kept checking the order status and it was not shipped after a week. I sent a email asking why and was told because I had checked to ship with fewer packages when every thing is available. This is the default options when you chose free shipping. I now always chose to ship as items become available. Even this choice results in processing a couple days before shipping. I think they process the prime members first and that’s ok with me because they pay membership fee to have priority. This has been my experience with Amazon.

wcp4570

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry to hear, but don't give up on the Simmons rimfire scope. They are very good quality and worth more than the going price.
    Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory ... lasts forever.
    Retired USN
    NRA Life

Boolit Master
    Wal mart is the scope testing capital.
    I know many who buy scopes at wal mart try them and for one reason or another return for exchange. I also know a few that will put old scope in and package and try to return it.

Also with Amazon be mindful of where it's coming from.
    Much of what you order is not even in country yet. So you need to wait for the shipping container to hit the shores here.

Boolit Master
    Amazon - in stock - Prime 2-day delivery. Living a long way from town, farther for Walmart, Home Depot, etc... Amazon Prime takes care of all kinds of stuff, usually best price. Last 3 or 4 scopes, Leupold VX-3i's, Burris Fullfield II's from Amazon. The Brown truck saves a lot of driving.

Joe I just purchased a used Savage MarkII and wanted a scope on it so I was searching websites and reviews when I came across the Barska Plinker. It had very good reviews everywhere I looked. Then I was in Walmart looking to get ammo and there in the glass case was this Barska scope for like $25.00 while on their website it is over $40.00. I bought one. Comes in a blister pack so you know it was never open. The scope was easy to mount and looks very bright and clear when looking thru it. Would tell you more but as of yet I haven't fired this to sight it or test.

Sightron from. optics planet......look there, fast shipping good prices

Burris signature rings, with the inserts addex to a scope....way to go....

I found a Bushnell 3 x 9 x 40 on sale at the local Dick's Sporting Goods, have it mounted and plan on sighting it in today.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Joe let us know what you think when finished.

Went to the range today, and the weather was absolutely wonderful. Got the scope sighted in, probably needs tweaking a little. I was shaking so bad, but at least it was better than "minute of paper plate." I finally settled down and my 50 yard target was about the same size as my 25 yd. I did lob 7 rounds 100 yards down range and hit the target by aiming at the top of the bullseye. A steady 5-10 mph wind from right to left affected those shots I think. Anyhow that's my story and I am sticking to it.

The scope was easy to adjust, the problems I had were all operator error. It is really clear, much clearer than any other scope I have. But, I am 74 years old and can't see as good as I once did. And I am shaky at times. I took my time and just enjoyed the great weather.

Have a blessed day,

Leon

Moderator Emeritus

Leon, I have bought several used Leupold scopes on Amazon and Ebay.....less cost with lifetime guarantee....good luck.....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan