Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Wideners Reloading Everything

Thread: H&G Mold Values

Boolit Master

H&G Mold Values

I may get the opportunity to buy a collection of H&G molds.
    I really have no idea of what they sell for.
    There will be more than I can use and will be willing to sell those excess to my needs.
    There may be molds from 2-10 cavities with/without handles.
    I would appreciate any input on prices you have to offer
    This is not a done deal until I get some idea of their value.....dale

Boolit Master

East Arkansas where I55 & I40 come together and then split
    The H & G molds that I have are 4, 6 & 8 cavity & all are in good shape. I paid $300 for the 8 cavity but when I got it and was in pristine shape and it was of a bullet
    that I really shoot a whole lot of and that included shipping and it is a beast around 6 or 7 pounds empty, .45 160 SWC out of lino. I have a 6 cavity .38 mold 6 cavity
    it is a SWC design and I found it on the S & S page I paid the guy about $130 shipped. The 4 cavity mold is a #50 WC mold I bought off of Flea-bay for $150 shipped.

I saw a 4 or 6 cavity .44 SWC mold on Flea-bay the other day and the guy was asking $500 for the mold but it looked brand new and unused which seem hard to believe.

Good luck.

Boolit Master
    When I am unsure of a value, I search the eBay sold listings. It gives a decent idea of what they actually sell for, unless it is something odd or rare.
    Back in the land of boolits.

Boolit Master

I searched ebay but never thought of sold listings.
    Thanks....dale

Boolit Master

my 2 cents the prices on all used stuff has dropped over the past couple years, especially molds. Modern CNC made are as good as any old timer master craftsman stuff. Most guys don't want to hear that, but...
    and the CNC can make anything you want by changing a few lines of code in a program. 1 or 100 all the same. So pay what you want for the ones you plan to use. Be mindful of resale value to unload the culls.
    Got handles for each? They dirt common bullets? or something not listed in the books? my take 2 cavs around $50-100, 4 cavs $80-150. hope that helps

Boolit Grand Master

I've bought a few over the last several years, all 4 cavity with handles. I paid anywhere from $100 to $150, with these being in good condition. The larger molds will sell for more.

If this deal works for you and you have any that you don't want, please keep me in mind. I'm currently running a WTB add in swapping and selling section.

Boolit Master
    Met a guy online that needed to sell about 100 H&G molds, some well used, some LNIB, some with handles, some not. Did a bunch of research and offered him a fair price, but it became clear that he thought this was gonna fund a long retirement, that I should pay the highest price ever paid for each mold in any condition, and the deal came apart.

Good luck, I suggest that you get a good sense of what he wants first, then do your research to determine if you want to buy at his price.

Boolit Master

JimB.. Was the guy trying to sell the 100 H&G molds name be Wayne Gibbs?.....dale