RepackboxInline FabricationLoad DataReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingWidenersSnyders JerkyLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2

Thread: For thought and meditation

Boolit Master

For thought and meditation

That night the Lord appeared to Paul and said, "Be encouraged, Paul. Just as you have been a witness to me here in Jerusalem, you must preach the Good News in Rome as well."

—Acts 23:11

Have you ever been discouraged? Have you ever felt as though your life were a failure? Or, have you have been frightened about the future?

None other than the apostle Paul experienced discouragement. After he said an emotional goodbye to the elders of Ephesus, he made his way to Caesarea, where he stayed with Philip the evangelist. Philip had a visitor named Agabus, a prophet. Agabus felt very impressed by the Lord that Paul should not go to Jerusalem. If he did, he would be arrested and bound.

To illustrate his point, Agabus bound his own hands and feet in Paul’s belt and said, “So shall the owner of this belt be bound by the Jewish leaders in Jerusalem and turned over to the Gentiles” (Acts 21:11).

Well, Paul made his journey to Jerusalem anyway. And sure enough, just as Agabus had prophesied, he was arrested and incarcerated.

There was Paul, sitting in a prison—again. And it would appear from the circumstances that Paul was down. He was discouraged. He was concerned about his future. But then we’re told, “That night the Lord appeared to Paul and said, ‘Be encouraged, Paul. Just as you have been a witness to me here in Jerusalem, you must preach the Good News in Rome as well’ ” (Acts 23:11). Jesus was saying to Paul, “Be of good courage.”

It takes courage to follow Jesus Christ and to share our faith with others. Where do we get that courage? God has all the power we need to face whatever might come our way. He won’t necessarily give us that power before we need it. But we can be certain that He will give us all the power we need when we need it. So trust the Lord. His power gives courage.
    when the dust settles and the smoke clears all that matters is I hear the words " well done my good and faithfully servant "

<(*)(()><

Moderator Emeritus

Great points and proof that walking the walk and talking the talk of Christ is difficult....thanks Ronnie....Paul
    When guns are outlawed only criminals and the government will have them and at that time I will see very little difference in either!

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems man faces." President Ronald Reagan

"We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the law breaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is acoutable for his actions." Presdent Ronald Reagan

Very good lesson this morning RL, thank you sir. Be Blessed!

Boolit Master

There's a lot to think about in that lesson. Sometimes it seems God turns what appears to be a misstep or mistake into something that can be used for His glory. Thank you rl69
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master
    I'm praying for you, and everyone else who is in a valley of long shadows at this time in life. I know you are posting these thoughts as much to bolster yourself as any of us and we hear. I pray God lifts some burdens from you brother. As always thanks.

Boolit Master

Amen for a great encouraging lesson.

In Remembrance / Boolit Grand Master Boaz's Avatar
    Thank you rl69 . You know Paul held the coats of those that stoned Stephen . His Damascus road experience was intense . We profit by his failure and experience . He was not a disciple , he was not a believer until GOD put upon him the responsibility he did . After that his life was a work we rejoice in and strive to balance our lives in today .
    No turning back , No turning back !

Moderator Emeritus

Paul in the Bible reminds me of the mythical "everyman." At some time or point in our lives, I think we all experience the same sorts of things as Paul did. Maybe not quite as clearly consequential as what we often meet, but in terms of our values today, especially our want of a life of ease and pleasure, things probably mean as much to us today as the more serious things did in Paul's day, at least emotionally. Christ left us a Bible, once it was compiled and annotated, that gives us insight and advice to overcome just about anything that can befall us. If only we'd use it more, and learn more from it!